bang & olufsen

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi i never seen any reviews on b&o tvs wondering what people in the forum think about them,

i saw a few demos with the new b&o amazing picture and sound , is the price justified tho ?

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I had the beovision avant in 1994 it served us really well, last year i decided to upgrade to a full HD tv in Panasonic, obviously there is no comparison as the 2 tv's are totally different, but that tv was well ahead of its time, and still amazingly i use it as a bedroom TV, i agree the pic and sound is awesome, with regards to whether it is worth the money thats your own judgement, if you have a lovely big house, nice car and you have family and you are rich i would definateley go for it and it will last you years and years not 10 years but alot more than that and it will still look stunning in 20 years time. what tv was it that you saw? was it the 65" plasma by any chance? that is incredible!

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
another point to make is if you were to get the b&o tv you will need b&o speakers for full surround sound, again awesome as i have a full 5.1 system since 1994 and again sublime quality, they are expensive gear no question of that but fantastic products

A

Anonymous

yeah i saw the plasma 65inch was amazing and the sound was mind blowing , i got a 50inch pioneer just want to make sure i make an upgrade not a downgrade

i also liked the 40inc beo v1 its there new one , the picture on that looked great to me and more in my budget but not sure bc i have a home cinema so not sure if its worth the upgrade

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
Yeah the beovision12 65"is a really incredible tv the design and most importantly the picture is one of the best i have seen, some will say it's not worth the money but to me the picture and sound values of a b&0 tv has to be seen to be belived.

A

Anonymous

markiedee said:
Yeah the beovision12 65"is a really incredible tv the design and most importantly the picture is one of the best i have seen, some will say it's not worth the money but to me the picture and sound values of a b&0 tv has to be seen to be belived.

i totally agree the b&o are amazing like u said pricey but the design and the quality it produces beats many , would u say its better than the top end sony or samsung or pansonic or even my 3 year old pioneer ?

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I would say it beats the pants out of sony and samsung, however with regards to panasonic i couldnt say, as i havent seen the pic quality properly on the B&O to quote, the reason i say this is because b&o use panasonic plasma screens in there tv's, however this is the big part b&o put extra components and engineering in the products and tweek the set to a degree that they get the utmost best out of it, you also get the extra luxurious features. with regards to the pioneer i havent seen this set live so cannot comment. Trust me if you have the wonger go for it, you will have one hell of a system

A

Anonymous

Haleem123 said:
I would say it beats the pants out of sony and samsung, however with regards to panasonic i couldnt say, as i havent seen the pic quality properly on the B&O to quote, the reason i say this is because b&o use panasonic plasma screens in there tv's, however this is the big part b&o put extra components and engineering in the products and tweek the set to a degree that they get the utmost best out of it, you also get the extra luxurious features. with regards to the pioneer i havent seen this set live so cannot comment. Trust me if you have the wonger go for it, you will have one hell of a system

its prob better than my pioneer as its 3 years old i imagine, i am in 2 minds weather to buy b&o or upgrade my speakers but with the b&o get amazing picture and sound without chunky amp and other things in my room and the endless wiring

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
i agree with you, it all depends on your budget and what you will use the system for, music or home cinema?if i had the money i would definately buy the b&o system. ie i am no b&o fanatic or geek i just love quality products

A

Anonymous

Haleem123 said:
i agree with you, it all depends on your budget and what you will use the system for, music or home cinema?if i had the money i would definately buy the b&o system. ie i am no b&o fanatic or geek i just love quality products

i got enough budget i going for home cinema love my movies , just love b&o the look , design and everything about them ,

simonlewis

Apr 15, 2008
Visit site
marcus234 said:
Haleem123 said:

i got enough budget i going for home cinema love my movies , just love b&o the look , design and everything about them ,

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/brands-you-like

brands-you-like

There is attention paid to the quality of every component that goes into making a B&O system. So the build quality is superior to the likes of Panasonic, Samsung, Sony etc. And the customer support is class leading. Whether it is worth the extra premium or not, only you can decide. You can get better picture / sound for the money.

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
There is attention paid to the quality of every component that goes into making a B&O system. So the build quality is superior to the likes of Panasonic, Samsung, Sony etc. And the customer support is class leading. Whether it is worth the extra premium or not, only you can decide. You can get better picture / sound for the money.

ur right about the quality , and the price is very high , think i stick with my pioneer krp 500a and just upgrade my speakers , got no idea what to get tho b&W or montior audio

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
With KRP 500A, you've got an outstanding quality at a bargain price. I won't swap mine for a B&O ;)

more i think the more i am inclined to keep my pioneer as its still oustanding in everyway and just upgrade my speaker system , thats a dilema i have no idea what to go for

markiedee

Feb 24, 2009
Visit site
To me the pioneers are still one of the best screens especially for it's time, one thing that does annoy me a little is when people say you can get better for the money... i have demoed and owned many speakers over the years but there is something very special about the sound quality of B&0s active speakers. Go down to a dealer and check out the beolab 5 and beolab 9 speakers.

The beolab 5 speakers in particular are the most powerful domestic speaker you can get each speaker contains class D bang-olufsen ice power amplification 2500 watts power in each speaker. 1000w bass, 1000w upper bass, 250w midrange, 250w treble. Underneath each beolab 5 is a 15" bass driver i have indeed heard these speakers and they are absolutely astonishing the clarity range and bass depth which you feel aswell as hear is beyond words mind blowing infact.

When it comes to there plasmas and lcds they cherry pick the best panels from panasonic and samsung and use there own processing which runs by the name visionclear.

people tend to think that they just dress up the products to just look good but there is alot more to b&0 than just looks i have seen torture tests videos where they put the speakers through rigourous tests the danes are very serious when it comes to there sound. Demo one of there tvs and tell me if you have heard another tv sound like that you won't.

then there is also the beolab 9 speakers i mentioned above, these speakers imo resemble penguins they also contain class D ice power amplification 700watts in each speaker they contain 500w 10" bass drivers with 100w for midrange and 100w for the treble. These speakers also sound amazing.

If i could afford B&0 i would in a heart beat they look amazing and they sound amazing too.

You don't have to get rid of your pioneer as you could buy one of there video and sound processors which is called a beosystem3 it has a plethora of connections and you could run bang-olufsen speakers through it too and use the tv as a display.

Haleem123

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
I totally agree with you Marcus 234, I have a pair of 8000(Front), 6000 (rears), 4000 (centre), and beolab 2 sub had it since 1994 and believe it or not they are still stunning sound wise, everybody that comes to my house always say the sound is better than the cinema itself, i have them hooked up to my yamaha rxv3067 amp and to my ears my speaker setup blows away alot of new speakers that claim to be brilliant, i have not heard any speakers except for my b&o's where when you crank the vol to the utmost top and they sound crystal clear, many other speakers distort and it sounds as if it will blow up. Marcus if you have about £4000 spare and you have a reasonable space and you want to upgrade your home cinema seriously look into the speakers i have you can get them all second hand and they will last you many many years 10+ at least

A

Anonymous

markiedee said:
To me the pioneers are still one of the best screens especially for it's time, one thing that does annoy me a little is when people say you can get better for the money... i have demoed and owned many speakers over the years but there is something very special about the sound quality of B&0s active speakers. Go down to a dealer and check out the beolab 5 and beolab 9 speakers.

The beolab 5 speakers in particular are the most powerful domestic speaker you can get each speaker contains class D bang-olufsen ice power amplification 2500 watts power in each speaker. 1000w bass, 1000w upper bass, 250w midrange, 250w treble. Underneath each beolab 5 is a 15" bass driver i have indeed heard these speakers and they are absolutely astonishing the clarity range and bass depth which you feel aswell as hear is beyond words mind blowing infact.

When it comes to there plasmas and lcds they cherry pick the best panels from panasonic and samsung and use there own processing which runs by the name visionclear.

people tend to think that they just dress up the products to just look good but there is alot more to b&0 than just looks i have seen torture tests videos where they put the speakers through rigourous tests the danes are very serious when it comes to there sound. Demo one of there tvs and tell me if you have heard another tv sound like that you won't.

then there is also the beolab 9 speakers i mentioned above, these speakers imo resemble penguins they also contain class D ice power amplification 700watts in each speaker they contain 500w 10" bass drivers with 100w for midrange and 100w for the treble. These speakers also sound amazing.

If i could afford B&0 i would in a heart beat they look amazing and they sound amazing too.

You don't have to get rid of your pioneer as you could buy one of there video and sound processors which is called a beosystem3 it has a plethora of connections and you could run bang-olufsen speakers through it too and use the tv as a display.

thank u so much for going through all the details been so so helpful, i did hear many of they speakers and i totally agree with u there sumthing else

i went to b&o demo they many tv and cant compete with the sound and on one the tv the picture was stunning never known a picture like it

thanks for ur vauled input , i shall look into the speakers maybe with my pioneer still 2 minds what to do but very helpful ppl in the forum so i am grateful

A

Anonymous

Haleem123 said:
I totally agree with you Marcus 234, I have a pair of 8000(Front), 6000 (rears), 4000 (centre), and beolab 2 sub had it since 1994 and believe it or not they are still stunning sound wise, everybody that comes to my house always say the sound is better than the cinema itself, i have them hooked up to my yamaha rxv3067 amp and to my ears my speaker setup blows away alot of new speakers that claim to be brilliant, i have not heard any speakers except for my b&o's where when you crank the vol to the utmost top and they sound crystal clear, many other speakers distort and it sounds as if it will blow up. Marcus if you have about £4000 spare and you have a reasonable space and you want to upgrade your home cinema seriously look into the speakers i have you can get them all second hand and they will last you many many years 10+ at least

thanks for ur input very helpful , well i put my budget up to 5k now , bc i want to get the best dont want to think after i buy sumthing i should of got that instead

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
What's your budget? And are you looking for a one box solution or you don't mind going the separates route?

just went through my money how much i can spend i put budget to 5k , stil in 2 minds about tv but i am thinking keep pioneer just get a nice cabinet hide everything, and some top end speakers to get the mind blowing movie feel

It's not difficult to hide everything out of sight (see my home cinema pics). I haven't heard the BeoLab speakers, but you can get more for the money. 5K is a very good budget to get a decent system.

Check these speaker packages:

http://www.whathifi.com/search/apachesolr_search?filters=tid%3A383%20type%3Ahcmproduct%20fs_cck_field_price%3A%5B2500%20TO%20999999%5D&solrsort=created%20desc&retain-filters=1

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/speaker-packages

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-apex

You will need an AV receiver for the speaker packages above:

http://www.whathifi.com/search/apachesolr_search/?filters=tid%3A379%20type%3Ahcmproduct%20fs_cck_field_price%3A%5B1001%20TO%202000%5D&solrsort=created%20desc&retain-filters=1

Let us know your preferences & shortlist so we can help further.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
bigboss said:
I haven't heard the BeoLab speakers, but you can get more for the money.

If you haven't heard them, how do you know they're not worth the money ;-)

Agree that the b&O TVs are overpriced, but the speakers are a different proposition: yes, you're paying a style premium, but the engineering, performance and support are exceptional. And if you buy second-hand - as suggested above - they represent corking active-speaker value.

The big Beolab 5s remain my dream speaker - they look and sound magnificent; assuming I had the size of room to suit, I'd take them over almost any other speaker I've had the privilege of hearing.

A

Anonymous

Clare Newsome said:
bigboss said:
I haven't heard the BeoLab speakers, but you can get more for the money.

If you haven't heard them, how do you know they're not worth the money ;-)

Agree that the b&O TVs are overpriced, but the speakers are a different proposition: yes, you're paying a style premium, but the engineering, performance and support are exceptional. And if you buy second-hand - as suggested above - they represent corking active-speaker value.

The big Beolab 5s remain my dream speaker - they look and sound magnificent; assuming I had the size of room to suit, I'd take them over almost any other speaker I've had the privilege of hearing.

i do agree the b&o tv are slighty overpriced even for the new v1 40inch u lookin at 2500 but like u said u payin for style to ,

i agree i heard al the speakers from b&o i not heard anything better , they r pricey but u actually get what u pay for , i shall go back get another demo before i choose what i want as i need to get the right system or i regret it if i buy on impluse

A

Anonymous

bigboss said:
It's not difficult to hide everything out of sight (see my home cinema pics). I haven't heard the BeoLab speakers, but you can get more for the money. 5K is a very good budget to get a decent system.

Check these speaker packages:

http://www.whathifi.com/search/apachesolr_search?filters=tid%3A383%20type%3Ahcmproduct%20fs_cck_field_price%3A%5B2500%20TO%20999999%5D&solrsort=created%20desc&retain-filters=1

http://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/speaker-packages

http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-apex

You will need an AV receiver for the speaker packages above:

http://www.whathifi.com/search/apachesolr_search/?filters=tid%3A379%20type%3Ahcmproduct%20fs_cck_field_price%3A%5B1001%20TO%202000%5D&solrsort=created%20desc&retain-filters=1

Let us know your preferences & shortlist so we can help further.

thanks for the link very helpful , i still in 2 minds soon as i narrow everything down i let ppl now the shortlist then can go from there

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts