Banana Plugs on Cambridge Audio 540A V2

A

Anonymous

Yes, you just need to prise out the red / black plastic "blanks" inserted into the centre of the speaker terminals. Use a pair of tweezers or a small screwdriver.

A

Anonymous

Come to think of it, it may not even have the plastic blanks. Anyway, it's definitely banana plugable.

Can I suggest though, that you do a search on this forum for "540a" as I had a less than satisfactory experience with this amp. Many others, obviously, have not had any issues.

A

Anonymous

If you are new to all this, may I also suggest that you demo it somehow and also demo offerings from NAD and Marantz?

Unless you've got some big speakers and can play it loud, you may find it a little hollow and clinical sounding - I also own the 540a V2. Until I bi-amped with a power amplifier it didn't have anywhere near enough clout for my tastes, although the new speakers loosening up over time also help this I think.......

If you do like the Cambridge sound, it would also be worth finding the additional £50 for the 640a... a little more cash for much better amp. If you buy several items from a dealer, you may be able to get a discount on this price too..........

A

Anonymous

Too late man I already ordered it! It's kind of just to get me started, I'm off to uni in October so I wanted a system until then for some speakers I was given at work (I don't think they're great - but I'm starting out) and if I get along with the system I'll upgrade it gradually. Didn't want to fork out to much if I don't use it a lot but I should have really listened to the different systems!

Thanks for your help!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts