Banana plug compatible AVRs

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am about to replace my Pioneer VSX-915 receiver. I have some new QED speaker cable with Airloc banana plugs but I now realise not all new AVRs will accept these. I was thinking of the ubiquitous Onkyo 606 or the new Denon 1909. As an aside, Pioneer say the 915 will not accept banana plugs but there are special posts available from dealers.

It seems that manufacturers are reticent to say if their equipment will accept banana plugs, so can anyone help with advice on the Onkyo or Denon and banana plug compatibility?

Also any other receiver recommendations beyond these two?  Looking for something less harsh than the Pioneer, max budget £450. 

John Duncan

Dunno about the Denon but the Onkyo is bananatastic - you have to pull out plugs that are in the binding posts. Probably reticent because I think they're illegal in Europe, off the top of my head.......

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Certainly my old Denon receiver accepted banana plugs so don't see why they would have changed this practice. The plugs are indeed in there because of EU law - the holes are exactly the correct shape for a continental power lead to be plugged into!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts