Balanced XLR Cable help

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
My new amp comes back tomorrow, and it has the option to use Balanced XLR cables as does my CD player, now as you may know from an Audio shop these are not cheap, and there is no way im paying £100 plus for them, so im looking for a cheaper alternative, but i need some advice as to if the Balanced XLR cables are all made the same regardless of what they used for, to put more clearly, are the two cables below fit for the same purpose, can they be use in my hifi setup, or is it only fit to use for a mic?

Van Damme Mic Cable. Neutrik XLR XLR Cables. Balanced Microphone Patch Lead same as AudioQuest 1m Red River XLR, will both to the same job if used with my cd player and amp?

My budget is £50 give or take, so any recommendations welcomed

Im not a believer that one cable sounds better than another so please spare me, as am unable to hear a difference and that is that, build quality is more my thing, Van Damme Mic Cable would do me fine as long as its able to do the same job as the AudioQuest Red River XLR

Thanks.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Go to a pro audio shop or musicians' shop that sells guitars, amps, microphones and keyboards etc and have a look at what they recommend. HiFi cable manufacturers are quickly latching on to the fact that XLR cables are taking off in the HiFi arena, and with that realisation will come boutique cables at hyper-inflated prices intended to lure the rich or gullible* into parting with their hard-earned for no benefit whatsoever over existing XLRs.

*often two completely different demographics. Marketing executive's dream customer though is that rare combination of the two: rich and gullible.

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I found these online so ordered some, use van damme speaker cable in the past so that will do for me, thanks.

http://www.designacable.com/live-stage-leads/mic-leads/van-damme-starquad-balanced-cable-best-neutrik-gold-xlr-to-xlr-microphone-leads.html

Jcypser

Jan 12, 2017
Visit site
Hi Simon, how are the balanced xlr cables performing? , i'm also looking at cables for my system and also have the option of using balanced cables. Would you recommend them over coaxial and rca cables.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts