Baffle covers

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
How do they affect your speakers?

On my old Linns and Dalis they made very little difference, but on my Kudos, taking them off is like night and day. Do you think this is just the cover itself, or could it be down to the fact that they are magnetic and attach to the speakers without any plugs?

I'm baffled how the sound can be so different. I take them off every time I listen and in doing so it's like taking a pillowcase off them.

matthewpiano

Like you I have found the effect to be very variable but, largely, I've found that it can make a big difference. It was particularly noticeable on the Mezzo 2s which, like your speakers, use a magnetic fixing arrangement, although I think that is probably more coincidence than anything because it makes a large difference on the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1s as well and they use more conventional pin fixings.

A

Anonymous

I don't remember reading a loudspeaker review that stated best listened to with grills fitted or off.

A

Anonymous

Both sets of my speakers sound better with the grills off.

It might have something to do with a damping factor with the grills on, but also, as they look a lot nicer with the grills off, then that have an effect with our minds too....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts