admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Has anyone actually bought the B&W XT4 speakers or are they a mistake in the B&W series which has been withdrawn? I am based in Singapore and placed an order for the XT home theater series after I heard the floorstanding XT4 speakers at a local dealer. This was in June of last year. Shortly after, the XT4 speakers were removed from the showroom. While the dealer told me that there could be a delay in getting the speakers especially when I want it in black, it has been about a year and no one at the Singapore dealer has been able to confirm the production let alone the delivery date of the speakers. I am still waiting for a reply from B&W Asia in HK after they told me that they had some initial problems in getting the right production materials for the speakers. I am getting extremely frustrated with the lack of response and news from the local B&W dealer especially after paying a 30% deposit. Is someone at B&W listening or has it grown too big to listen to its customers? Can anyone help?

A

Anonymous

Absolutely no mistake! I bought the XT4 (Black) a couple of weeks ago. I live in Europe. The dealer said they sold A LOT of them, whith pressure on A LOT! The speakers are GREAT, but they need a lot of POWER. IMO: You wont find any speakers with really great sound + the looks and the finish around at the same price. Did I mention the finish - High quality extruded aluminum. Really heavy compared to the size. Easy to place them close to the wall.

Some German site named Audio mentioned they where the most "power-hungry" speakers they had tested...so you will need a high current amp along. I heard that B&W had some problems delivering the XT`s in silver (polished aluminium) because some production problems with the silver /aluminum but haven`t heard anything about the black version of XT4.

Maybe there are some delivering problems to Asia? If you can get hold of them I will recommend them. Love mine.

A

Anonymous

I have got the same problem- but i ordered my speakers 3 months ago from Switzerland and havent got them since. They told me that there were some problems with the aluminium case. My local dealer told the same story but is it now over?

A

Anonymous

Alar - looks like you have the same problem in Switzerland. Did your dealer tell you when you can expect the speakers? The dealer in Singapore could not and in fact returned my deposit last week! Ridiculous situation to me.

Ibot is lucky to have got his black XT4 which is what I have ordered. So it looks like the production and delivery problems also apply to the black version. (Ibot - which country did you buy your speakers?)

I just sent an email directly to B&W UK to ask if I can buy them directly from them but no reply which is disappointing.

A

Anonymous

I havent got any information from this internet shop about delivery times but i sent allso e-mail directly to UK and they said that they manufacture only black speakers at the moment and they donït now when they will continue making silver ones.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts