B & W P7 problems

mattblack25

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, i'm new on here so apologies for being such a novice.

I've just purchased the P7 headphones and am very happy with the sound, appearance and overall quality of them. However one of the reasons I purchased them was to use the for watching films via a bluray player (Pioneer BDP-LX55). I have been using a pair of Sennheiser HD650s through a topping amp/heaphone amp, which has worked fine. When I tried the P7s through the same setup there was a terrible buzzing sound, like I could hear the workings of the amp. When watching a film you could hear it only when it was a quiet section, but still not ideal. It doesn't have the affect when I use them with my phone or if I connect them straight to my tv.

What I'm wanting to know is why can I hear this now when I couldn't through th HD 650s? Also what is the solution (if any)?

I'm looking at maybe getting a low profile av amp that I can also run my headphones through, so would this maybe solve the problem?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you for your time in reading this,

Matt

mattblack25

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply. The topping model Is the TP41, and yes, I'm using just the straight through line, not the one with the ipod remote. But I am using it through the supplied adapter to make it a full size jack.

eggontoast

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Due to the leads your using it's not going to be a grounding issue which just leaves what Dale has already posted above.

The lower impedance and higher sensitivity is just allowing you to hear all the noise (it doesn't take a lot with headphones) which the Class T amp is producing. The only solution is to buy a better headphone amplifier.

mattblack25

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Right, thank you very much for that. Any recomendations for a cheap amp (sub £200) which might include lip sync as when I run the amp direct through my Bluray player it's completely out of sync with the picture. Only by running it through the TV (which looses sound quality) can I stop this from happening.

Thanks for your help already both of you, at least I won't have to experiment to try and find a solution now :)

TRENDING THREADS