B&W MT-30 5.1 SPEAKER PACKAGE or KEF KHT3005SE 5.1 SPEAKER SYSTEM

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Please help. Which is a the better speaker system overall for a Pioneer SC-LX71 amp. Please just spare 1 minute of your day to help me. 

Breffni

A

Anonymous

Hi Iam also looking at surround speakers to go with the SCLX71 Amp and like the Kef 3005se but prefer the look of the Kef 5005.2 but nobody can tell me if they are a good match for the 71

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
I would opt for the Kefs - the Pioneer has a lively sound that makes it ideal for Home Cinema but could be bright with the B&W's. Try to find a dealer who has both and have a listen. Try to spend a good bit of time with each as a bright sound can be fatiguing and a quick demonstration will not reveal that.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
johnie:Hi Iam also looking at surround speakers to go with the SCLX71 Amp and like the Kef 3005se but prefer the look of the Kef 5005.2 but nobody can tell me if they are a good match for the 71

The 5005s are a good match, a good clean sound from the pioneer and solid bass without too much at the top end from the Kefs.

A

Anonymous

Cheers for that, could you please tell me how close to a wall mounted plasma can the left and right and centre speakers go.
cheers

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
it all depends on your set up. Personally I wouldnt have them too close as the screens looks hemmed in. A 200mm gap will look right if you have a 42" screen, I wouldnt go much closer than that.

A

Anonymous

Hi I was speaking to a guy from richer sounds and he recommended theÿRadius 90 x 4, 225 centre and the awesome RSW12 subwoofer. What are your thoughts. I plan to attach mine to the wall. Any advise would be welcome. I would mainly be using it for moviesÿ

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
MA are not a brand I know well, the sub is a good bit of kit for sure. I know the KEF/Pioneer combo works, I would suggest a demonstration. It is a lot of money to spend without hearing them first.

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the lack of info but iam after a 50 / 60 inch pioneer

cheers

A

Anonymous

If you can afford it the MA RS6 AV package will sound so much better than the style speaker systems you are looking at.
Both with music and films.
The rears sit high up on the back wall, well out of the way. The sub is an amazing piece of kit, great timing. Take a look at the review on here '5 stars'.

Earlier this year I was in the same situation as you and was looking at Kef/ B&W until I sat down and listen to them. Not bad, but when I listened to the RS6 system they were in a different league. Ended up buying the RS8's, even better in my larger room.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Agree that traditional speaker package will sound better, but if you've short-listed style speakers, it must be for a reason. I don't know about you, my Wife is pretty easy going. But I would have been kidding myself if I thought I was gonna get 5 (or 7 in my case) full size speakers and stands around the room.

You've gotta listen to the MT-30. I love mine and wouldn't swap it for anything. I don't know where you are, but I got mine up at Tottenham Court Rd at the end of last year. You should be able to get the 5.1 for around £1275 (I got 7.1 for £1460 including delivery)

Don't forget that you can get the MT-30 in Silver, Black & White. I believe the KEFs are only Black or Silver.

Also. You only ever see pics with the M1s on their chrome stands. The wall-mount brackets are different units supplied in the box. I met a few people in the trade who didn't realise this, they told me the chrome stand spins round for wall-mounting.....Wrong!

A

Anonymous

The RS6,s are floorstanders (and look quite nice) and can sit close to the wall on either side of the TV.
For me it was down to what pleased my wife as she didn't want 'big speakers' everywhere. She was happy with the RS8's thinking they looked quite nice in there real wood veneer!

The B&W would have been my choice otherwise, that sub makes it all come together.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts