B&W CM1 ~ What stand?

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi All

Sorry to post this again but I am “Google’d out” trying to find something suitable for this.

I have a set of B&W CM1 speakers yet due to space restrictions I cant put them on stands any higher than say15/20cm’s. Can anyone please suggest suitable ideas as to get the best (from a bad situation) out of these being that they are currently on the floor? I imagined floor spikes but you may tell me different.
Thanks
MyWhatHiFi

emotion-7.gif
- Anyone? PLEASE ...

A

Anonymous

If you only have 15 - 20cms, I would just leave them as they are, can't see that you would gain anything by raising them by such a small amount.

Alternately you have M6 inserts in the base of the CM1s, you could have 2 short spikes at the rear and 2 longer spikes in the front 2 bushes giving you an angle upwards.

Hope this helps..............

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
MENISCUS:

If you only have 15 - 20cms, I would just leave them as they are, can't see that you would gain anything by raising them by such a small amount.

Alternately you have M6 inserts in the base of the CM1s, you could have 2 short spikes at the rear and 2 longer spikes in the front 2 bushes giving you an angle upwards.

Hope this helps..............

Got to disagree. Stand mounters on the floor suffer from pretty distorted bass. Definately worth it to raise them up, even 20cm's. Don't think traditional stands are going to work for such a small distance. You need to get creative. Go browse IKEA's web site. Even a stack of books under them would significantly improve the sound.

A

Anonymous

M6 inserts are threaded bushes built into the speaker base with a 6mm thread enabling you to screw the speaker to a stand and is made in this case of Aluminium and is an engineering solution to the problem of attaching the speaker to a stand, altogether an excellent idea by B&W...........

A

Anonymous

Just take a look at the underside of your speakers and you will see 4 threaded inserts for you to attach a stand or bookshelf securely ..............

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Oh - already ON the speakers. Yes, I see those. I miss-read what you put. I read that as though I could buy an insert to sit on the base of the speaker. I understand

Thanks for your time.

A

Anonymous

get some block wood from B&Q - stuff they use for kitchen worktops and have it cut to size (smaller than speaker footprint) and then layer up as many as you need. If you can be bothered - get spikes and nuts to match, drill holes in bottom to hold nuts and place inside with some glue. Then the spikes will screw into nuts that are in the wood. Another thing I would also do is glue the layers of block wood together and clamp.

This should be solid and isolated enough, all less than £20 all in for custom - and you can get block wood to match your speaker finish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts