B & W - CM1 versus 685.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Ok thanks, so it looks like the 685s... this may sound stupid but i was never really interested in the 684s it was either the 685 or the 683s although the 684 is of course the middle ground. The reason being is I've heard really great stuff about the 683s, alot of people are saying the step up between them and the 684s is big, and more than you would expect for the extra £200 because of the better midrange driver which shares technology from the 8-series... so basically if I could have got floorstanders in my room it would have been the 683s, but it looks like the 685s are the job...now for an audition....

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Cypher"]

Well, the BR2s are definitely not bright sounding. They are more warm
sounding (with my Rotel/Marantz) and have great resolution. I bought the RS1 and
they are still bright sounding (after 40 hours), they show more detail than the
BR2 but at the moment I still like the BR2 better. I want to enjoy my music and
at the moment the BR2 has my preference.
[/quote]

One of the guys in sevenoaks said to me that the RS1's will take at least 60 hours to run in. Mine are a bit bright too just now. Even run in i think they will be a little brighter than the BR2's but should give a more revealing sound and more defined soundstage. The bronze range does seem to be a little toned down in the treble compared to the silver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts