B&W 803D or Dynaudio Confidence C2

ALTANPSX

Aug 14, 2008
Visit site
I am already using Classe Cap-2100 integrated and EAR Acute CD Player, and B&W 803S. I am planning to make a change. First I considered to change my electronics. Buying a EAR 890 power+868 pre or ASR Emitter Exclusive B or Audio Research ls17 pre- vs 115 power. All of them were great. I did not make a decision. After then my friends said that why your electronics, if you want a bigger changing, start with your speaker. Then I started to look around for a new pair of speakers, as a B&W owner my first stop was my B&W dealer. At the beginning I was planning to buy 802d's but they are very big and I do not think I will have the best from them in my listening room. Because of this I demoed 803d's. They were terrific. Their main difference from 802d is midrange, 802d's midrange is awesome. But I liked the 803d's. Then I demoed couple of brands, Dynaudio Confidence C2 was the star of them. Now I am not very sure about 803d, I really do not know which one to choose. Maybe I will have a chance to demo them side by side in my room. If this happens, I think it will be less painless and less remorsefull to choose one of it. In the mean time, if anyone listen this two speakers, please share your knowledge ......

sometimesuk

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Personnaly i really like Dynaudio speakers. If you cant audition the two speakers side by side, then I would go with the speaker that you keep on thinking about the most, as its obvious that this speaker has pressed your buttons.

You have already said that "The C2s was the star of them", so what are you waiting for!

If you like the Dynaudio sound, I would strongly suggest you audition Audiovector, though I think they only have one dealer in the UK.

I'm not sure if you have auditioned these speakers are home, but if you havent you should be aware that Dynaudio speakers do have a strong bass. If that was your reason for dismissing the 802D's then, I would suggest that you arrange a home demo, before buying the speakers.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
I am a big fan of Dynaudio although admittedly haven't own a pair now for over three years! B&W always sound decent with Classe but when I demo them, twice, I found the forwardness of tweeters annoy me a little.

The presentation between the two is very different. The 803D sound more open, amazing front to back dept with sound coming from way behide speakers while Dynaudio rarely put any of it's own signature to the sound, the C2 is pretty much "if soundstage is on the recording you will hear it" style. Out of the 2 (and no, I never heard them side by side) Dynaudio sound more balance from top to bottom which is how speakers at this price bracket should be, they don't need a massive watts amp to make them sing either. Tough choice but from very good choices, good luck.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts