B&W 702 S2, B&W HTM 72 S2, B&W DB4S

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hey all

I am gonna be purchasing the B&W 700 S2 package. I am mad keen into sound. I want to really improve sports, netflix & music.

What recommendation would you recommend. Currently have an Arcam AVR 10. Great but not powerful enough. What other options out there. Is there a particular standout?

The room is not big.

Tks for taking the time out to recommend amps.

Breffni

D

Deleted member 2457

It’s replacement is £5000 and its no better.

D

Deleted member 2457

Which is better sounding the Arcam or the Denon??
This should help you:

They also mention the Denon lower down model the 6500 Denon but when I demoed it I didn’t find it very powerful, but WHF has reviewed its successor the 6700 8K model for around £2200 that says it’s more powerful.

D

Deleted member 2457

Another review here with another Denon amp:

D

Deleted member 2457

Here’s the Denon 6700 8k model reviewed by WHF:

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Should I only buy knew speakers? At the moment I have the folllowing:

1) Arcam AVR 10
2) B& W MT- 60D.

It sounds good but I just want something more power. If I buy the Denon amp the AVC-X6700H would it break the speakers?

D

Deleted member 2457

Should I only buy knew speakers? At the moment I have the folllowing:

1) Arcam AVR 10
2) B& W MT- 60D.

It sounds good but I just want something more power. If I buy the Denon amp the AVC-X6700H would it break the speakers?
It’s up to you really I personally would only buy new speakers or ex-display speakers with a 5 year warranty.

I owned the B&W MT30 speakers with a Pioneer vXs-lx70 amp and that was fine one big advantage of getting bigger speakers will make you enjoy music a lot more. Your Arcam amp might be fine with the bigger speakers though. But no you definitely won’t break the speakers with a Denon 6700.

I would’ve thought your Arcam 10 would be a great match with bigger B&W speakers. I personally found the PV1 sub far better than the B&W DB4s too. So you could save money there.

D

Deleted member 2457

I would’ve thought these B&W speakers with your B&W PV1d would be great:

The PV1D will sound superb with music and movies and just improve your 3 front speakers and perhaps the rears. If you only have a small room I would go for 704 B&W 700 series or the B&W 600 series.

breffni123

May 9, 2020
Visit site
Hey all,

My bad I made a mistake. I was looking at the B&W 702 S2 instead of the 704 S2. There is quite a price difference. I have a small to medium size room. Is it worth spending that extra money on the 702 S2???

Guys I really appreciate your help. Gel tks for your advice. I am not rich therefore looking to get the best sound for my buck!!

Reactions: Deleted member 2457
D

Deleted member 2457

Hey all,

My bad I made a mistake. I was looking at the B&W 702 S2 instead of the 704 S2. There is quite a price difference. I have a small to medium size room. Is it worth spending that extra money on the 702 S2???

Guys I really appreciate your help. Gel tks for your advice. I am not rich therefore looking to get the best sound for my buck!!
Here are some ok deals on B&W speakers:

D

Deleted member 2457

Hey all,

I don’t know with regards to the B&W 702 being worth the upgrade over the 704 though, anyone else know?

TRENDING THREADS