B&W 685 Theatre vs. Jamo D500 THX Select 2

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Having recently acquired an Onkyo TX-NR5008, am on the look for a proper speaker package mainly for viewing movies, as opposed to listening to music. I was interested by the overall performance of the B&W 685 Theatre package, but having to host the depth of these speakers in a 3.3 x 4m room is a pain bearing in mind an L-shaped sofa in one of the room corners. That’s when I figured that the Jamo D500 THX Select 2 might fit nicely considering their size.

Any thoughts on performance comparison between the B&W and Jamo offerings? Again, it’s a small room matched with a great amp. Feedback much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I've demoed both in the past, IMO the 685 are much more musical than the Jamo, in fact there's no comparison in that matter. How ever the Jamos are much easier to accommodate as they wall mount and look fabulous in White. The Jamos also gave a better movie presentation IMO. You would really have to go and have a listen and see which you prefer. I went for the MA Apex in the end in preference to both as they offer the best of both worlds IMO.

indyjase

Oct 6, 2009
Visit site
What about M & K's. Ask on here as there are several people who have tremendous knowledge of them, the ss150THX is the best speaker for movies that I've ever heard. Just a thought as it would sound great with the onkyo.

A

Anonymous

If it is just for HT, then I would recommed KEF speakers.

They are very good in high & mid range. Very clear & detail + dynamics.

Not really that good at low range, but for HT, there is always a sub to cover it.

Q300/Q200C/Q400B/Q100 or maybe for surround can use either one of the satelitte speaker.

or

iQ30/iQ60c/PSW2500/iQ10 or maybe for surround can use either one of the satelitte speaker.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts