d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I auditioned them with my Arcam Alpha 9 set-up and with the Roksan Kandy LIII amp and Cyrus 8v2 amp/CD combo and they were superb.

Only reason i didnt get them is that the M/A RS6's were just as good but £250 less!!! The M/A RS6's and RS8's are very good and worth considering

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
d_a_n1979 can you tell me if the 684 flowport is also at the back of the speaker ? I see one at the front but at the back also ? It would be easier to place if the speaker only has one flowport at the front, like the 685.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Yes there is a port on the back of the speakers at tweeter level for the tweeter/mid/bass speaker

You can still place the 684's fairly easy but just not too close to the rear/side wall as youll get bass boom (but this can also be used to your advantage depending on the acoustics of your room).

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
I listened to 686/685/684/683 at one sitting through cambridge audio 640 series amp and cd all connected up to a 'nexus' system so it was easy to switch from one set of speakers without having to diconnect/re-connect speaker wires....i thought both the 686/684 sounded quite small but both 685/683 sounded much fuller and larger.....Value for money would have to be the 685 they sounded good and were plonked on a shelf so should sound even better on proper stands....Will do the same again when NAD C355 is available with NAD c542 cdp...i must say i was impressed with the 685 they are not that far behind the 683 though that FST mid range cone does make things clearer without being harsh or over bright though i do find CA gear to be too bright for me...good luck with your audition..

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Ranglo"]Has anyone had any experience with the new B&W 684. If so, what did you think compared to other speakers in the £6-700 price range[/quote]

Yes. No good for music whatsoever, dull, boring and diffuse. Do yourself a favour and listen to some speakers that have been designed for music and just that purpose, not HT. Rega's R3 or Epos'es new (or older) range.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts