B&W 602 s2 vs Dali Zensor 3?

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
I have recently gone back in time and tried to rebuild an old system that I had years ago with a Marantz PM66 SE KI, CD67 SE KI and I previously had a set of B&W's that I think were 602's. It's that long ago I can't really remeber how they sounded.

I have an opportunity to buy a set of mint 602 s2's or a new set off Zensor 3 for listening in a small room. Anyone heard both and can compare?

I also want to rebuild an old NAD based system and had a C320/C340 amp - are these still decent or are the newer C320BEE/C326BEE better options?

Thank you.

rainsoothe

hi - I heard both, but not side by side. I used to own a pair of 602 S2s which I'm still a big fan of, and I also love Dali Zensor 3 (especially with the new Marantz). I think the Zensors give a more liquidy, airy sound, but the B&W will rock harder. For prog, metal, rock, electro, trip-hop, that kind of stuff, I would go B&W, and for jazz, classical, bluez, chillout and acoustic stuff I would go for the Dalis. That's not to say they would be bad for the other kind of music, but they excel at what I enumerated (imo).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts