B&W 385 0r Br2/Br5

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I am looking to buy new speakers to go with my Rotel Rao4 Amp and Marantz Cd63 KI cd player. Looking at the B&W 385 or Monitor Audio Br2. Have also thought of the Br5. Any advice would be gratefully received!!

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Monitor Audio BR2s (on decent stands - think £60ish for Soundstyle Z2s at least) would be a good starting point, but the BR5s - or KEF's iQ5SEs for the same money (£400) would be a step up in balance, detail, dynamics and low-end presence - as you'd expect for something in the next size/price class up.

By the B&W 385, I assume you mean the 685 that costs £380? These - on £100+ stands, such as Partington Dreadnoughts - are awesome for the money. I'd strongly suggest you audition them against the KEFs and bigger B&Ws if your budget allows - as you don't mention the size of your room or the positioning your speakers will be/need to be in, there's some flexibility here.

Any of these three speakers would also be happy on the end of higher-level electronics that your (excellent) pair, giving you an upgrade path....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts