B & O Beolab 8000

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Humbly asking for advice. Got a B & O second hand system which, I have to say, am very pleased with. Comprises Beocentre 1 (TV & DVD + tuner combined), Beosound 3000 (CD player). I am running my current passive speakers (very old £150 Eltax liberty 3+) by a Detoma power amp A102. I am seduced by the looks and midrange/treble of the Beolab 8000 (I'd buy second hand...). They have possibly been reviewed by What hi-fi in the past. I would be interested in their comments. Further, I wonder whether What Hi-fi has reviewed the Detoma power amp including comments on compatability. The other option is to keep power amp and upgrade speakers to something like Epos M12i? Whilst the Beolab 8000 are, in my opinion, very attractive speakers I am not totally led by style over sound reproduction. My listening taste is diverse from classical to Pink Floyd, and from Van Halen to Fleetwood Mac. The room is approx 7m x 5m and I rarely play my music loud.

I thank you in advance for any comments you may wish to make,

Regards

Jonathan

idc

Hi Jonathan. I am afraid you may be out of luck as there is no forum regular who has B&O kit. I assume you have searched the site to see what is there. My limited experience of B&O is that it does sound great at low volume and it tends not to mixed with other kit. I have only heard, seen B&O as a whole setup.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts