Awesome HD TVs at CES 2008

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
what a mouth watering TV Panasonic, Samsung and Philips will be launching I would eagerly wait for Panasonic TH58PZ850 a real Pioneer Kuro Killer with network support to play youtube ! wow

I think we should all wait for new line-up of these HD TV, I am sure the price on current line-up of TV will go down significantly. So if you are in hunt for bargain just wait for few month more till all big company will try clear HD-ready and current HD TVs.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
But don't forget Pioneer is playing cards close to its chest, with new Kuros to be announced in the Spring for a Summer release. It's going to be an interesting year...

Zubkabera

Nov 15, 2007
Visit site
You are right Andrew, Just saw the Project Kuro CES 2008 demo just 9mm thin plasma and black levels so dark ! unbelievable

Still all tv's has limits so if Panasonic can manage to bring true blacks at half the price they will outsell Kuros which they are doing right now. I think Pioneer pricing policy to target only premium customer will let them down one day.

A

Anonymous

The only odd approach was by Sony who has decided to release 17 new Lcd models with various filters, gizmos + 11'' Oled TV@ $2500 despite the fact that they are still having problems with the recently launched so called premium range X3000/x3500 models. they are just trying to be everywhere without managing to perfect their current technology. I would agree with an analyst who has recently quoted on USA Today ***Sony desperately needs a new TV Technology. they haven't had a blokcbuster since Trinitron, cathode ray tube televisions of the 1970s,1980s and 1990s***

I am a really disappointed Sony fan.

Rgds

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Zubkabera"]
You are right Andrew, Just saw the Project Kuro CES 2008 demo just 9mm thin plasma and black levels so dark ! unbelievable

Still all tv's has limits so if Panasonic can manage to bring true blacks at half the price they will outsell Kuros which they are doing right now. I think Pioneer pricing policy to target only premium customer will let them down one day.
[/quote]

I just hope Pioneer's Plasma department doesn't end up going the way of Fujitsu. Panasonic is being extremely aggressive in the Plasma market and that's a good thing as it forces everyone else to innovate. They're driving down prices through economies of scale. It does make you wonder though, will they eventually start to compromise on quality in order to keep costs down. I certainly hope not. I'm certainly not defending Pioneer's pricing and they're not a small company by any means. I don't mind paying more as long as I know I'm getting a quality product made of quality materials. I just wish wish Pioneer would bring their pricing into line with the pricing in other territories such as North America.

A

Anonymous

I agree with Andrew,

This shows how a truly premium product manufacturer would react.

Rgds

A

Anonymous

Jus look at the new pana models! lol like said in my other post the new specs look amazing! lol

jus have a look,

http://whathifi.com/television/archive/2008/01/06/ces-news-panasonic-extend-viera-brand-to-all-its-flat-tvs-and-launches-16-plasmas-and-5-lcds.aspx

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts