AVR600 to LX71 Connection

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

This question is going to make me look really stupid, but hey! After searching the ‘net I’m still unsure about the best way to connect my Pioneer BDP-LX71 and Arcam AVR600. Electrically they are connected with a HDMI, that parts fine, the bit I’m unsure about which part should be performing the decoding. I assume as the AVR600 is the more expensive component then the quality of its decoding should be better? If this is the case can/should I setup the LX71 to output “raw” data? Any advise on this subject would be most welcome.

Many thanks Mike

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Why don't you just try both and see which you prefer? They're both pretty good pieces of kit, I doubt you'll be disappointed with either choice, but only you can tell which sound you think is best.

A

Anonymous

Having had the Pioneer BDP 51-FD connected to the Arcam (which is essentially the same baring a small variation in internal clock speeds - can't remember the exact difference, someone remind me, but it's not significant to the point being made), I would use HDMI from your BluRay player, bitstreaming audio to the Arcam. The Arcam is much better suited to doing the decoding having a processor stage considered "reference" by many testers who've written reports across the hi-fi press.

I would not use the Pioneer to convert audio to PCM. This is wholly un-necessary. The Arcam is where this should be done. If you have a 1080p24 capabable screen, then I'd be looking to set the Pioneer to Source Direct and allow the Arcam to do your upscaling of DVD material / pass through of BluRay as well. With a high end AV receiver like the Arcam, using any player at the level of your Pioneer, you're better off letting the Arcam do the processing for Video and Audio. In my view.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the advise, I'll have a play around tonight.
emotion-2.gif

Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts