AVI DM

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
J

jcbrum

Andrewjvt said:
Hi

If i had between 2000 - 3000 to spend on a horned speaker for my hegel, what would you recomend? Cheers

IMG_3014.jpg

ROFL

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Dave Rat speaks.

Does this apply to having a sub woofer with 2 stereo speakers? For music play back

Yes.

That is why all my recent posts etc. Id personally rather have a full range speaker with a large bass driver than a smaller one that requires a sub. This thread regarding avi was more to do with the tweeter and ill explain later lol

Movies and av are another matter and ive no problem with a sub.

Those lsr708is - i want to hear them. Ice started looking on youtube to hear how they sound (through my phone lol)

How would they in your opinion differ from my kefs or similar in the house setting?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
bigger JBL very soon. Why waste money on a stepping stone? You don't want small JBLs. You don't want small ATCs. Scr*w subs. You want proper big boy floorstanders that will give your mind "fu*k yeah!" shot of adrenalin before you even turn them on. And when on... a spectacle, spooky details and presence, huge scale, efforthless dynamics, brand heritage, pride of ownership, a living legend.

I sympathize with your illness. :D

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
bigger JBL very soon. Why waste money on a stepping stone? You don't want small JBLs. You don't want small ATCs. Scr*w subs. You want proper big boy floorstanders that will give your mind "fu*k yeah!" shot of adrenalin before you even turn them on. And when on... a spectacle, spooky details and presence, huge scale, efforthless dynamics, brand heritage, pride of ownership, a living legend.?

I sympathize with your illness.  :D

2 ways of looking at the illness.

1. Be happy and content and just enjoy music. My point being ive been using q acoustics 2020is and really enjoying them and not listening to the equipment.
They are no where as good as rseries but with them i want more. Btw q acoustic do have a nice vocal tone.

2. Go for as big floor stander as possible. And stop fooling around so yes. I think i know what im going to do. And for a good price also

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.

Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.

Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.

wild guess - he' got complex personality.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Good morning
Do you ever feel the need for 1 or 2 subs?
Do you feel bass lacking with your scm40sa?

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi

Im very interested to hear some avi's in the near future also. Whats the name of that shop close to de11 post code
That stocks and demo them?
Cheers

james_LR90

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
steve_1979 said:
Vladimir said:
To the 'high end' crowd that spends hundreds of pounds per inch of speaker cable Dunlavy's choice of drivers felt cheap. ;)

It's ironic isn't it. :D

When you look at how cheap most speaker drivers are it seems odd that people insist on wasting money on audiophool cables costing tens of pounds per metre.

It also seems odd that the same people are willing to pay thousands of pounds for them cheap drivers to be placed in a fancy shaped wooden box...

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Large jbls are very rare on e bay. Please let me know if you can spot any. Im also loving the look of the hf driver in the lsr
http://www.ebay.de/itm/JBL-L300-SUMMIT-HIGH-END-AUDIOPHILE-LOUDSPEAKER-/191833134175

http://www.ebay.de/itm/JBL-250-TI-Lautsprecher-Paar-/361507473751

Cheaper to start with but man they are serious 66kg 3 ways.
Bet they sound just as good as anything else out there regardless of price.

Need to start saving again guys so you can spend my money haha

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
lpv said:
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:

Good morning Do you ever feel the need for 1 or 2 subs? Do you feel bass lacking with your scm40sa?

no.. really. why? the bass output is plentiful..

I was reading AVI forum last few days and Ash explained why ATC bass is perceived ' big'.. as far as I remember it's a result of old fashioned and not state of the art anymore drivers and crossovers not fully utilizing the active crossovers potential or something like that.. can't find this entry now.. the interesting thing is: there's plenty gloryfying statements from AVI users and either it's all BS or this speakers are worth investigating... I wish I have both ATC and AVI speakers in one room..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts