• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

AVI DM

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Dave Rat speaks.
Does this apply to having a sub woofer with 2 stereo speakers? For music play back
Yes.
That is why all my recent posts etc. Id personally rather have a full range speaker with a large bass driver than a smaller one that requires a sub. This thread regarding avi was more to do with the tweeter and ill explain later lol

Movies and av are another matter and ive no problem with a sub.

Those lsr708is - i want to hear them. Ice started looking on youtube to hear how they sound (through my phone lol)

How would they in your opinion differ from my kefs or similar in the house setting?
 

Vladimir

New member
Dec 26, 2013
220
4
0
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
bigger JBL very soon. Why waste money on a stepping stone? You don't want small JBLs. You don't want small ATCs. Scr*w subs. You want proper big boy floorstanders that will give your mind "fu*k yeah!" shot of adrenalin before you even turn them on. And when on... a spectacle, spooky details and presence, huge scale, efforthless dynamics, brand heritage, pride of ownership, a living legend.

I sympathize with your illness. :D
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
bigger JBL very soon. Why waste money on a stepping stone? You don't want small JBLs. You don't want small ATCs. Scr*w subs. You want proper big boy floorstanders that will give your mind "fu*k yeah!" shot of adrenalin before you even turn them on. And when on... a spectacle, spooky details and presence, huge scale, efforthless dynamics, brand heritage, pride of ownership, a living legend.?

I sympathize with your illness.  :D
2 ways of looking at the illness.

1. Be happy and content and just enjoy music. My point being ive been using q acoustics 2020is and really enjoying them and not listening to the equipment.
They are no where as good as rseries but with them i want more. Btw q acoustic do have a nice vocal tone.

2. Go for as big floor stander as possible. And stop fooling around so yes. I think i know what im going to do. And for a good price also
 

spiny norman

New member
Jan 14, 2009
293
0
0
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.
Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.
 

lpv

New member
Mar 14, 2013
47
0
0
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.
Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.
wild guess - he' got complex personality.
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
lpv said:
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.
Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.
wild guess - he' got complex personality.
Good morning
Do you ever feel the need for 1 or 2 subs?
Do you feel bass lacking with your scm40sa?
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Hi

Im very interested to hear some avi's in the near future also. Whats the name of that shop close to de11 post code
That stocks and demo them?
Cheers
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Large jbls are very rare on e bay.
Please let me know if you can spot any.
Im also loving the look of the hf driver in the lsr
 

james_LR90

New member
Aug 17, 2010
1
0
0
steve_1979 said:
Vladimir said:
To the 'high end' crowd that spends hundreds of pounds per inch of speaker cable Dunlavy's choice of drivers felt cheap. ;)
It's ironic isn't it. :D

When you look at how cheap most speaker drivers are it seems odd that people insist on wasting money on audiophool cables costing tens of pounds per metre.
It also seems odd that the same people are willing to pay thousands of pounds for them cheap drivers to be placed in a fancy shaped wooden box...
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Vladimir said:
Andrewjvt said:
Large jbls are very rare on e bay. Please let me know if you can spot any. Im also loving the look of the hf driver in the lsr
http://www.ebay.de/itm/JBL-L300-SUMMIT-HIGH-END-AUDIOPHILE-LOUDSPEAKER-/191833134175

http://www.ebay.de/itm/JBL-250-TI-Lautsprecher-Paar-/361507473751
Cheaper to start with but man they are serious 66kg 3 ways.
Bet they sound just as good as anything else out there regardless of price.

Need to start saving again guys so you can spend my money haha
 

Andrewjvt

New member
Jun 18, 2014
99
1
0
Just checking out jl audio subs on youtube and came across these 2 utter douche bags.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VS3RTYXWleQ
 

lpv

New member
Mar 14, 2013
47
0
0
Andrewjvt said:
lpv said:
spiny norman said:
MUSICRAFT said:
Colin doesn't want to play with you anymore so now you're looking for a new best friend to play with.
Answer me just one thing: who's Colin? Oh, and don't forget to promote your business again in your answer.
wild guess - he' got complex personality.
Good morning Do you ever feel the need for 1 or 2 subs? Do you feel bass lacking with your scm40sa?
no.. really. why? the bass output is plentiful..

I was reading AVI forum last few days and Ash explained why ATC bass is perceived ' big'.. as far as I remember it's a result of old fashioned and not state of the art anymore drivers and crossovers not fully utilizing the active crossovers potential or something like that.. can't find this entry now.. the interesting thing is: there's plenty gloryfying statements from AVI users and either it's all BS or this speakers are worth investigating... I wish I have both ATC and AVI speakers in one room..
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts