AVI ADM40...coming soon!

T

the record spot

Over on another forum (ahem...) there's a bit of chat around some new active floorstanders possibly out next year. AVI have a prototype up and running - the ADM40 active speakers and they're apparently packing some 750wpc of onboard amplification. Could be very tasty!

T

the record spot

Once upon a time, we burnt witches too and if you walked far enough, you fell off the world. Times change it would seem (or it's a response to market demand)! Of course, that view might still apply in terms of an ideal - and of course, it's one that's shared by many on here who prefer the focus a standmount apparently delivers. Having heard both, I prefer floorstanders for the scale of the music they present.

T

the record spot

Mentioned for the product, not the rabid fever accompanying all the other stuff around that place/company Andrew. If it pans out, 750w amps would be up with those MF Superchargers of a few years back wouldn't it? Can't think of many others readily available outwith the pro-audio sector delivering that kind of power offhand.

A

Anonymous

Andrew are we not still What HiFi Sound and? Surley we can talk about Avi or Naim or Primare etc! we all have the free choice to read or for that matter buy which HiFi/Tv/Blue-ray player we want.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Nick21:Andrew are we not still What HiFi Sound and? Surley we can talk about Avi or Naim or Primare etc! we all have the free choice to read or for that matter buy which HiFi/Tv/Blue-ray player we want.

Absolutely - discussion of products absolutely fine (and necessary!) Discuss away!

Can do without specific discussions about other discussions elsewhere, mind you
emotion-2.gif

Here's hoping we get a review sample of AVI ADM40 as/when it's available.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:Absolutely - discussion of products absolutely fine (and necessary!) Discuss away!

Difficult.

The product's prototype was 'premiered' on the website of a banned member. (And is manufactured by another banned member).

First impressions, prototype photographs, some technical details and specs all non-quotable/non-linkable here because of the forum rules.

I guess this can only be discussed once AVI's own company website features them.

A

Anonymous

AlmaataKZ,

Inspired by you getting your dream sysytem I've decided to do the same in 2011 and, like you, have decided to go down the computer / active route. Alas, my budget doesn't stretch to ATCs, so I will be getting the ADM 9 Ts plus sub. I was wondering if you had any reflections on making the switch now that you've had your system for some time.

Best wishes,

Dave

A

Anonymous

Aren't active speakers a bit yesterday? Judging by the recent show here valves are the way of the future.

It could be active speakers are a peculiarly British phenomenon - Genelec are the big active players here, but there's not been hundreds other manufacturers flocking to follow suit, and there is a more than health local speaker industry here and in the region..

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
Dryfeld:

AlmaataKZ,

Inspired by you getting your dream sysytem I've decided to do the same in 2011 and, like you, have decided to go down the computer / active route. Alas, my budget doesn't stretch to ATCs, so I will be getting the ADM 9 Ts plus sub. I was wondering if you had any reflections on making the switch now that you've had your system for some time.

Best wishes,

Dave

I am sorry if I was spreading the upgraditis bug around! No harm intended!

Sure, Dave. I can give some reflections. Not to spoil this thread, if you do not mind, I will copy your request into 'my system' thread and answer there.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:I see they're already slagging off the competitionwithout even an A/B demo.... It's interesting how much of that occurs in HiFi... I can name so many brands that claim to offer "the best products available at any price" and other such nonsense... Sometimes I wonder if delusions of grandeur are a prerequisite for building good gear....

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ajani:FrankHarveyHiFi:I see they're already slagging off the competitionwithout even an A/B demo.... It's interesting how much of that occurs in HiFi... I can name so many brands that claim to offer "the best products available at any price" and other such nonsense... Sometimes I wonder if delusions of grandeur are a prerequisite for building good gear....

No, that's just marketing, you expect companies to talk up their own products, it's when they start slagging off everyone else's that it moves into dodgy territory. They wouldn't be allowed to in an advert (in the UK at least) but it appears nothing happens if they do it in a more informal setting.

Ajani

Apr 9, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Ajani:FrankHarveyHiFi:I see they're already slagging off the competitionwithout even an A/B demo.... It's interesting how much of that occurs in HiFi... I can name so many brands that claim to offer "the best products available at any price" and other such nonsense... Sometimes I wonder if delusions of grandeur are a prerequisite for building good gear....No, that's just marketing, you expect companies to talk up their own products, it's when they start slagging off everyone else's that it moves into dodgy territory. They wouldn't be allowed to in an advert (in the UK at least) but it appears nothing happens if they do it in a more informal setting.

I don't really see a meaningful differences between claiming my product is the best available versus directly saying that my competitor's products are inferior to mine... I might be more readily able to avoid lawsuits for one claim versus the other, but in spirit they amount to the same claim...

Also, I've seen several brands that readily diss the competition (or at least the competition's technology - SS vs Tubes, Class A/B vs D, etc)...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Ajani:
the_lhc:Ajani:FrankHarveyHiFi:I see they're already slagging off the competitionwithout even an A/B demo.... It's interesting how much of that occurs in HiFi... I can name so many brands that claim to offer "the best products available at any price" and other such nonsense... Sometimes I wonder if delusions of grandeur are a prerequisite for building good gear....No, that's just marketing, you expect companies to talk up their own products, it's when they start slagging off everyone else's that it moves into dodgy territory. They wouldn't be allowed to in an advert (in the UK at least) but it appears nothing happens if they do it in a more informal setting.
I don't really see a meaningful differences between claiming my product is the best available versus directly saying that my competitor's products are inferior to mine...

In the first instance all you're saying is "We're the best!", you're not actually mentioning anyone else's products at all, in the second instance, at least wrt what this thread is talking about you're actively naming other brands and putting them down. There's a big difference there.

I might be more readily able to avoid lawsuits for one claim versus the other, but in spirit they amount to the same claim...

No, they really don't, one is positive marketing of your own products, the other is distinctly negative discussion of someone else's products.

Also, I've seen several brands that readily diss the competition (or at least the competition's technology - SS vs Tubes, Class A/B vs D, etc)...

See there again, you can "diss" a particular technology, without actually attacking a rival manufacturer, technology is speaking in generalities, it's not the same as picking out a particular brand and claiming them to be rubbish.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts