AV Upgrade time help required

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
It has come time to upgrade my Denon 1910 that has been a great peice of starter kit. I have it conected to a B&W 685 theatre speaker set up.

I am looking to expand my system well as future proof it so I am looking for something with pre-out and phono input.

I am torn between 2 amps the Onkyo TX-NR809 or buying a Pioneer VSX-LX53 for around the same price now. I listen to my system 50% movies and 50% music so needing a good balance of the 2.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Leehallam

Aug 28, 2011
Visit site
Cofnchtr,

Thanks for that my dealer got it very wrong and I did not look need to pay more attention next time.

Back to the drawing board.

What should I buy with phono input and pre out?

Or should I go with a av amp with preout and buy a stereo amp as well.

Can any one help with some advice.

What would be the best stereo amp to pair up with some B&W 685.

Thanks Lee

A

Anonymous

To be honest, I swapped out an Arcam amp for a Yamaha RXV667 AV amp to go 5.1 and didn't notice any change in quality from the music perspective, so much so I didn't bother with the faff of pre-outs to the Arcam. Seems to me, that modern AV amps are very accomplished in stereo too. After all, modern film soundtracks are higher resolution and more demanding than the average CD! :)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

You could get a phono amp and use a line in on the Pioneer if you like the sound of the Pioneer?

Prices may fall a bit when Pioneer introduces the latest amps?

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts