AV Receiver / Pre and Power combo for 4 ohm EPOS speakers.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello to all you terribly well informed people, brain-picking to follow...

I am looking for either a receiver or pre/power combo to drive 4 ohm EPOS floorstanders (front and back channels), and a 4 ohm EPOS centre.

Essentials are:

1) Capable of comfortably driving the higher load of 4 ohm speakers with lowest possible THD and best dynamic range / volume.

2) Great music handling, both in stereo and all channels.

3) HDMI passthrough (obviously) pulling all current gen audio codecs and PCM direct from the HDMI.

Will be mainly used for music listening, Blu-Ray movie audio and PS3 gaming.

A setup that allows for bi-amping at least the fronts would be advantageous.

I suspect I am hoping for the moon on a stick, but this feature set coming in sub £1200 is the target (obviously the more sub the better!)

Thanks!

Adam

A

Anonymous

Incidentally I am in no way averse to the idea of a receiver plus a stereo amp, especially if I could run a pre-amp output from the receiver through the stereo amp (thereby having only one set of cabling / speaker wires etc.

If anyone thinks that would work of course.

Cheers

A

Anonymous

At the risk of this becoming a conversation with myself...

I just picked up an excellent deal on a mint, used Tag McLaren 700:7r power amp. Surely an amp of this stature can easily drive loads like the above.

Now I need something to do the processing, and I need help!

daveh75

Bergerac82:

At the risk of this becoming a conversation with myself...

I just picked up an excellent deal on a mint, used Tag McLaren 700:7r power amp. Surely an amp of this stature can easily drive loads like the above. I should think it's more than adequate!Bergerac82: Now I need something to do the processing, and I need help! You dont mention a budget for the processor/receiver, how much of the initial £1200 budget have you left to play with since buying the TAG.

A

Anonymous

I dropped £600 on the TagMc (like I said, great deal, from a mate).

So obviously that leaves about £600 left, which I suspect is not nearly enough to feed the TagMc with what it deserves (he was also selling a TagMc AVR32r, but it's too dated for my needs I think)

I guess what I'm saying is you tell me what I need to make the budget! Having picked up a piece of fairly future proof amplification (until I need spares), I'm comfortable throwing a little more cash about for processing.

Thanks,

Adam

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts