AV Receiver help

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been looking for a new av amp purely for home cinema only.Not to use for music just dvd only.Useing a Cambridge audio dv57,popped down my local Richersounds they suggested three around my price range £250 flexible a bit,in order they rated them 1 Cambridge Audio 340r, 2 Onkyo txsr 505, 3 Sony something,which ones would you recomend?any other makes any help would be gratefull and again purely for home cinema not two channel sterio thanks Chris.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Chris C"]...3 Sony something,which ones would you recomend?[/quote]

Probably the STR-DG710. I'd sling in another score and buy the STR-DA1200ES, a 2007 Award-winner, from the same source

A

Anonymous

stay clear of the sony av receiver i recently got rid of the strdg710 as it was not powerful enough to run my b & w 6 series speakers i have just brought the onkyo txsr 605 what a upgrade that was far superor machine ( £399 ) i know its out of your price range so go for the txsr505 just as good ( hence why the onkyo machines took the top spot from sony in the awards ) but if you got your heart set on a sony only get the str da 1200es the one the other guy told you about a good machine but old now it won award like the other guy said but in 2006 not 2007,also shop around you can get that for £269.99 ( richer sounds ) but personally i would choose the ONKYO everytime

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help this av amp is fairly new to me forgot to mention I have an LG 42 inch lcd with hdmi,does this make any difference to which amp I finally purchase? speakers are spendor s5e fronts have a set of Monitor audio rs2 to use for rears for now! do I really need a sub?Thanks Chris C.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Studog1, "the other guy" is the consulting editor of the magazine! I would go along with him, partly because he knows more than us put together and I have used the 1200ES for six months and it's great. It fails to do just two things that I would want it to and which would make me upgrade fairly soon - if you want to use just one hdmi cable from screen to receiver, you cannot use anything but hdmi to your receiver (would be ok if there were 3 or 4 hdmi inputs instead of 2). And no HD audio. However, no receiver apart from the Onkyo 605 under £500-600 gives you HD audio. All in all the Sony receiver mentioned is brilliant for the money.

A

Anonymous

Yes it looks like its going to be the Sony 1200 read a lot of reveiws and found it for £300 in black superfi,pity really £269 silver at richersounds.Think I will go with Andrews advice and yours.Thanks Chris C.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts