August Digital Edition Blurred

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I've just downloaded the August edition onto iPad, and it is really blurred - looks like someone has saved it at the lowest jpeg resolution. Is there a problem?

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
Just checked (a visual A/B test if you like
smiley-wink.gif
) vs the July edition, and July was fine and clear.

A

Anonymous

I've deleted this and redownloaded it onto my iPad2 and it's still blurry for me. The text on the ads looks ok. It's just the text from all the articles that's blurred! First digital edition for me and pretty disappointed so far.

A

Anonymous

I've also just downloaded from Zinio, at around midnight Thursday. I'm viewing on my 24" iMac and the text quality is really not nice.

This is the first digital edition of What Hi-Fi I've downloaded so I can't compare to previous issues, but compared to all the other magazines I read via Zinio this looks pretty bad. Hopefully Zinio will post a better copy for re-downloading soon.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
beneboy74/Chiswick

Apologies, we know there's a problem here and we're working flat out to fix it. The PDF files will be re-supplied to Zinio today, they will upload them again (this didn't happen yesterday) and then you'll be able to remove and restore the August issue, which should fix the problem.

I'm not in the office today, but I've instructed my production colleagues to make this a top priority. One of them will post on this thread as soon as the problem is fixed.

Once the new files are uploaded, here's what you have to do:

Log into www.zinio.com using your normal email/password and go to your library. Go to the 'edit' tab, select the August issue and 'remove' it. Next go to the 'view' drop-down menu top left of the page and select 'my removed magazines', highlight the August issue again and click 'restore'. That should fix it.

I expect the new version will be available later today, barring any more production problems. Once again, I can assure you we're determined to solve this.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info Andy - I was just about to start a new topic on this but found this one.

I downloaded the August copy yesterday too (first digital download) and the text was horrible - (Although not on the adverts - Strange).

I will download the magazine again tonight and hopefully will be better quality.

Thanks

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi all,

just to keep you updated, the new files are now with Zinio for processing.

It will take them a while to do their thing with them, though, so please bear with us on it.

Rest assured that you will be able to replace any version you already have with the new file, as per Andy's instructions above.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Jonathan Evans

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
All is now good to go on Zinio.

Once again, apologies for the inconveniece caused.

If you follow Andy's instructions (above) you should be able to see the online magazine as it was intended to be.

Have a good weekend,

Jonny

manicm

I downloaded the Aug edition and it's fine. One major flaw though - I view it on PC and there's no way to flip the System Builder page to Portrait mode - Zinio shortcoming? I have to tilt my head to read it and gave up. Please inform Zinio about this.

John_S

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
It's tough proof-reading it on paper, too. We have to tilt our heads 90 degrees. Either that or stand side-on to the desk.

smiley-tongue-out.gif

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
I downloaded the Aug edition and it's fine. One major flaw though - I view it on PC and there's no way to flip the System Builder page to Portrait mode - Zinio shortcoming? I have to tilt my head to read it and gave up. Please inform Zinio about this.

We're on the case with how to make the System Builder work in Zinio; current thinking is that we'll stack the two pages on a single page of the Zinio version, which will make it half-size, but still (we think) easier to read. Or at least readable!

There won't be an SB in the September issue, due to space pressure, but we'll endeavour to have a solution in place for the October one.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts