audyessey eq

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Rear of the remote is a panel. Open it, and the buttons needed are on the bottom row, I think.

Both 1910 and 2310 are better without an sound processing going on.........in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

cheers pete u got any tips on any funtions to bring the best out of it

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
A list of your equipment would be helpful ........
emotion-5.gif

Only tip is not to use any sound processing (Dynamic EQ, audessey EQ, Dynamic vol) on the receiver......

Don't forget to use the 2 channel speaker set up too (assuming the 1910 has one). it gives you a chance to have different speaker settings for cd playback!

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I use Pure Direct for all music (whether CD or iPod), and (as per Pete's suggestion) turn off all processing.

If you're hooking up an iPod, the GQ-24 (reviewed on here) is an ace option (much better than Denon's own dock).

A

Anonymous

sorry lads im as new to this forum as i am to home theatre ha ha

panasonic tx50g10

panasonic bdp60 blue ray

B&W mini theatre 25

Denon AVR 1910

sky hd

not to sure what u mean pete about the 2 channel set up for music playback?

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
In my setting menu I have a '2 channel speaker setup' section. You can decide what crossover setting etc to use for 2 channel playback (cd player etc). This can then differ to using it in home cinema mode.

Not sure the 1910 has that feature, thou. If it does, it's very useful.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Forgot to say: nice system!!!!
emotion-21.gif

I recommend that you set up any cd playback to a 2.1 set up, or just use the 5.1, as the system is a 'style' set up (and a very nice one at that!!)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Finally,

If this system is new, give it time to 'run in' before assessing it's performance. Once run in, it will be an excellent set up!!!

What cables will you be using?

A

Anonymous

Pete can I bump this one and refer you to a thread I;ve just started on my Denon 2309 and my quest for upgraded stereo from a connected Nait xs via the Denon pre outs.

What do I need to do to get the front speakers to work as a stereo from the Nait but then work with the rest of the speakers from the Denon avr ? I thought it was a simple case of 2 rca to 5 pin din, av input from the denon to the nait ,flick the unity gain by pass switch on the Nait and hey presto - simples !!!

But apparently not so do I have to do something else like reconfigure or re assign the speaker set up using audyssey etc

Cheers

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
peebs:

Pete can I bump this one and refer you to a thread I;ve just started on my Denon 2309 and my quest for upgraded stereo from a connected Nait xs via the Denon pre outs.

What do I need to do to get the front speakers to work as a stereo from the Nait but then work with the rest of the speakers from the Denon avr ? I thought it was a simple case of 2 rca to 5 pin din, av input from the denon to the nait ,flick the unity gain by pass switch on the Nait and hey presto - simples !!!

But apparently not so do I have to do something else like reconfigure or re assign the speaker set up using audyssey etc

Cheers

Left you some instructions on your thread, hoping it helps....no expert on this one at all.

A

Anonymous

yes pete its brand new. gone for this set up after all parts getting good reviews. i am totally new to home cinema of this quality though. had a £300 yam system before which was poor to be honest. just trying to get my head round the amp more than anything. how to change to 2 channel for music. (do i just press the music button under flap on rear of remote). then what settings (buttons to press) for movie & tv etc. does it take while to all bed in?

A

Anonymous

also ive sussed turning the audessey off which will help right? as said earlier in this post.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
If you use your blu ray player for cd's too, you can set it up as 5.1 or 2.1. If you want 2.1 (front speakers and sub working), use the 'Stereo' setting (press 'D/ST' on back panel till 'stereo' appears on the diplay (assuming it works the same as my 2310).

If you use 5.1, then use the 'music' or 'cinema' buttons on the back panel, till you find one that sounds good to you.

Whatever settings you switch off the receiver with, will be there when you switch on. In other words, if you connect your tv analogue outputs to an input on the receiver (Maybe use 'TV' inpu, then when you switch on again and select 'TV' the same setting will be there . Hope that makes sense a bit.....

My receiver took a few weeks before it was really singing, and speakers can take time. I left my Q Acoustics on through the day to bed them in. Not too loud, but it helps to speed the bedding process up.

Both the 2310 and 1910 sound better with the audyessey settings off. Use audyessey to get the distances etc, but then switch of the processing. Saying thatm try with it on too, you may prefer the sound that way...it's all personal taste really.........

A

Anonymous

thanks 4 bearin wiv me mate got it now. do u just adjust you sub volume on back to suit, till it blends in just right. no to loud that it over powers etc? also do u use the direct or pure direct button at all? thanks again for the help

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Use the 'CH Level' button on the front (under volume/mute buttons) to change levels from any speaker.......blend that sub in so it don't overpower, as you have mentioned.

I use 'Pure Direct' (display will not be on in this mode) for X box, Blu ray use and with my Marantz cd player. I use the freeview tuner in my dvd recorder via HDMI for tv, but use one of the music settings (see back panel!). I don't use any other settings with using it day to day......

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts