Audioquest Type 4 Speaker cables..

Stevie9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I have this biwire cable. It's about 18 years old now but still good.

Just now I was cleaning the cable down and I noticed a very small direction arrow at regular intervals on the outer sleeve, next to a 1ft marker. Is this meant to be a signal direction indicator? I have never noticed this since I bought them !

It is an excellent cable, and half the price of others more expensive cables and still sounds better. A very neutral sounding cable, it does not over emphasize any particular frequency.

If its still available, check them out.

Stephen.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
At the time of the original Type 4, I preferred Indigo. I now have the current Type 4, which gave me exactly what I was looking for over my previous Chord Rumour, even though it was unexpected.

Stevie9

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
I just had a reply from AQ and they say that all good loudspeaker cable is directional. The little arrow on mine is indeed a a direction arrow.

They also put me right in bi-wiring my speakers. Ive been doing it worng for years !! But it always sounded good to me.

S..

abacus

Nonsense, there is no such thing as directional speaker cables. (There really ought to be a law against manufactures and dealers that deliberately con users with this type of info) Nor can you tune the sound using different types of cables. (Bi-wiring is also a waste if you want to use 2 runs, get another amp and Bi-amp)

Bill

RobinKidderminster

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Whatever ones opinion of cables, directionality always seems the most questionable. If indeed they said "all decent cables are directional" then I would be even more determined to ignore marketing strategies. However, the majority of customer service centres do not invest in trained engineers to answer questions..In my (unrelated) experience, customer service staff are largely ignorant of all but the most basic information (Samsung).

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
abacus said:
Nonsense, there is no such thing as directional speaker cables. (There really ought to be a law against manufactures and dealers that deliberately con users with this type of info) ...

Yep. It's like asking the customer if they prefer the speaker cones to sound best when being pushed forward or pulled backwards.

dimucci

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
.........and is it not about time that WHF forgot about its advertising revenue and demonstrated the myths around cables?

http://machinedesign.com/blog/5-myths-about-speaker-wire

TRENDING THREADS