Audioquest Dragonfly USB-C

Carpinus

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
Hello! I’ve had my eye on an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt for a while, and am intrigued that it hasn’t been updated to USB-C so it no longer needs a Dragontail. Does anyone know if that’s on the cards, or if there’s a technical reason why it can’t happen?

Hello! I’ve had my eye on an Audioquest Dragonfly Cobalt for a while, and am intrigued that it hasn’t been updated to USB-C so it no longer needs a Dragontail. Does anyone know if that’s on the cards, or if there’s a technical reason why it can’t happen?
Probably simply down to cost of changing the whole manufacturing facility.
Much cheaper to build a simple adapter.
Of course not everyone that wants to buy one is necessarily going to use them with anything that has a USB-C socket.

Carpinus

Jul 9, 2020
Visit site
Probably simply down to cost of changing the whole manufacturing facility.
Much cheaper to build a simple adapter.
Of course not everyone that wants to buy one is necessarily going to use them with anything that has a USB-C socket.
True, but these days isn’t USB-C more likely to be used than USB-A?

Sam Sly

Dec 27, 2021
Visit site
I have owned the Cobalt for two years and only used it 3 times. I found that I hated messing around with dongles and iPhone camera connection kits.

I just bought the A&K Activo P1 DAP and have really enjoyed using it. I have only had it for 1 week and have already used it more than I did my Cobalt.

(https://www.whathifi.com/news/astel...lkman-with-all-new-activo-brand-and-p1-player).

It is quite small and lightweight and you can download apps directly from the App Store. It works really well (except for Tidal downloads but that’s not surprising) with stored music and Apple Music downloads. It also bypasses Android’s resampling.

If you can, test out the P1 before buying the dongle and see which you prefer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts