Audiolab owners... zero support?

jy999

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi all, Wondering if there are any audiolab owners out there.

I'm posting here as I feel like there must be something fishy going on. My experience in the past with higher end products has always been excellent service. However, I have struggled to get any response from Audiolab now for an issue I have, for over a month! I have a problem with my 6000A, and although their website tells me to use their form (https://www.audiolab.co.uk/pages/contact) I have not gotten any response now in over a month.

Is this a buyer-beware product? I can't imagine it is? thoughts or other ideas?

Last edited:

Stuart83

Jul 22, 2023
Visit site
+ 44(0)1480452561
Try ringing direct, there is other numbers depending on your location with a Google search.

I've found that emailing large companies without a prior phone call can be problematic.

I always record my calls for piece of mind but never just email with anything especially problems as it leaves to much scope to be ignored or lost in a plethora of other emails.

They haven't a good reputation for customer service within trust pilot infact it's dismal.
It goes 50/50 from good products to the dismal aftercare that's customer support.
Many mention in detail your problem with being ignored and left with a faulty product.

If you have a guarantee always go to the seller first.
Whichever company it is I dread being left at the mercy of customer services via email or even phone.

No matter what when dealing with customer services everything is delayed and a slog in comparison to dealing with a bricks and mortar seller/shop etc.

I have had to Google an address of a company once and send a letter via "recorded delivery" stating that it was a duplicate and my intention was to escalate things to a complaint and document the process then post it on YouTube after various attempts to contact them prior were ignored.

That information retrieved an almost instant response that was lacking beforehand indicating I was indeed being ignored.

Ringing them will atleast get you a response irrespective if it's not their preferred protocol.

jy999

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Thanks everyone for the tips. I mean, I can share the issue, but that's a side discussion. I'll toss it below.

The warnings against email for online companies flies in the face of my experiences with companies like Martin, Sennheiser, AudioEngine, ButtKicker, and BeyerDynamic, Warmoth, StewMac, etc., just to list other warranty contacts I've had to make in the past. Simple email, simple response, clear path forward. I can't imagine in this day and age I have to call internationally, or expect email to be ignored. I'm in Canada.

I will call the local shop I guess, but they're trash. Basically a pretend up-scale big box store. I recall the sales guy had to look up "integrated amplifier" :D. We don't have a knowledgeable good store where I live.

Good tip on the Facebook, I did that.

Its a 6000A, which works wonderfully. The only issue is that sometimes it won't turn on using the soft switch. Like no response. I have to use the hard switch on the back to power cycle it, then it works. It never cuts out or anything, just sometimes won't wake up.

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
This has been a known issue with this amp for a few years now.
Check your firmware version, I believe they are on v34. If this is what version you have you could try a reset.
Also, if you wake the amp up with the standby switch on the amp then use this switch to put it back into standby not the button on the remote (and vice versa).
You could also try disabling auto standby and see how it behaves.

Erikson Consumer is the Canadian distributor for Audiolab, you could try contacting them.
https://www.eriksonconsumer.com/
(514) 457-6674
800 567 3275

Last edited:

jy999

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. Apparently your google-fu is better than mine :) I'll check the firmware version and contact my local store, then Erikson if the local store is not helpful.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts