Audiolab 8200CD,best option for quality cd player with internal dac at this price level?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The Audiolab is a good player, whether its the best is debatable, I would try the Marantz Pearl Lite as well if you can find one, they are becoming fairly rare now. the Roksan Kandy is also good. You could also consider a Blu-Ray player like the Cambridge 751 or 752, which will play cds, sacds, dvds and blu-ray dvds of course.

Lo Fi

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have the Audiolab 8200 CD and it is great, I use the inbuilt dac to play my tv, bluray disc player and set top box and then through my amp and speakers

AtBs

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Hello BigH! The Audiolab compared to those mentioned by you have a big advantage,it is 2 IN 1 device,player&DAC. In my case,I could play my favourite cd´s and also dac the sound coming from my iMac.Is there any other device at this price level what can do this trick?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
AtBs said:
Hello BigH! The Audiolab compared to those mentioned by you have a big advantage,it is 2 IN 1 device,player&DAC. In my case,I could play my favourite cd´s and also dac the sound coming from my iMac.Is there any other device at this price level what can do this trick?

Well they all have dacs, in fact the CA751 has 5, one for each channel, now thats a good point about using the DAC for the iMac, I think the MArantz you can do that not sure about the CA?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
The Pearl Lite has digital input so you can use the DAC for your Mac. You can get it for £670 now. To me the Marantz is better looking and the Audiolab I found very basic. SQ I found them both to be good but did not hear them at the same time.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts