Audiolab 8200a with B&W 685 s2

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone what you think of matching Audiolab 8200a with the b & w 685 s2?I found it at an attractive price, and I have a dac M-DAC of which I am very satisfied.I listen to mostly rock music through liquid and sometimes use the BD player Panasonic bdt 700 as mechanics for the cd.The sub is a Rel T5.Who has had the opportunity to hear it?The alternatives are in a similar price Audio Analogue Crescendo and the evolution Creek A50.any advice is welcome.thanks

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Not much Audiolab love on this forum, at least not for the last twenty or so years.

They seem to go at good prices since the launch of the 8300. Kronos have the Creek for £499 too and it is a current model, a very good deal.

I've read lots about each but never heard either! - Review concensus seems to be; Audiolab is hifi and detailed, Creek is musical and refined.

The Creek will probably be easier to re-sell at a higher price if you decide to change.

If you want my 2pc ... save another two hundred quid and get a cyrus 8. I am not at all biased ;-)

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Imo. The Creek A50 is a better match than the 8200A.I would look for a 8200P which is nice with the speakers and your M-Dac and imo. a steep step up from the A50.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Al ears said:
drummerman said:
I stand corrected. The Kronos Evo 50 is ex-display. Still, good deal.

That's still a very good buy and should suit those speakers well.

Not knocking Cyrus but you'll have to audition one as they are not to everyone's liking.

Couldn't agree more. The OP needs to go out into the big bad world and listen to his choices.

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
drummerman said:
Not much Audiolab love on this forum, at least not for the last twenty or so years.

Sadly,yes... Poweramps are really good at their price and above.8200 are excellent and a great match e.x. for the popular Kef R-Series.

criant

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
I do not have the opportunity to hear, but the seller has advised me the AudioLab because it is more lively creek.

New b&w s2 are more balanced of the old series and the audiolab would give a good opening and detail (recommendations of the seller)

price of Audiolab 8200a € 690

price of creek evolution 50a € 760

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Esra said:
Imo. The Creek A50 is a better match than the 8200A.I would look for a 8200P which is nice with the speakers and your M-Dac and imo. a steep step up from the A50.

+1
thumbs_up.gif
if it's as good as the old 8000P.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the Creek - but I'd strongly recommend hearing the 8200a before parting with your cash.

They are inconsistent regards the quality of their product - that's my experience anyway - really lovely looking kit with questionable innards.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts