Audiolab 8200 CD Player

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Text did not come out.

As owners of the player know there are a number of filters, I use Optimal Transient because I like the detailed sound and wondered which filters other owners use

adamrobertshaw

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Optimal transient every time.

I have MA GX50 speakers with ribbon tweeters and also a decent headphone listening set up. Optimal spectrum is a ear piercing problem on the highs so I use optimal transient to tone it down.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Optimal transient for me ,cant tell a great difference between any of them really .Most people on forums thought optimal transient sounded best ,so i didn't want to miss out .

Martinblueboy

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Optimal transient here too. I have used the Optical Spectrum and though I can't hear any difference I do tend to find that the Optical Spectrum is more tiring to listen to; it's harder on the ears.

I think that the manual says that the differences are subtle but I'm damned if I can hear any differences. The manual doesn't help a great deal in explaining what the differences are between the filters with descriptions in somewhat technical terms.

I have to say notwithstanding all that, I do love how the 8200CD makes music sound and it's flexibility.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts