audiolab 8000 power amp?

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
well my cayin purchase didnt go through as the dealer cant be bothered to get me one, shame on him. Anyway, found an audiolab 8000p online and was wondering how it sounds in general? My intention is to pair it with a valve preamp such as the icon audio la4. Do you think that this would be a downgrade from my current Cayin amplifier?

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Hi Shafesk the audiolab is a fine amp dual 100w monoblock design I had an 8000px bi amping my mission 752 I am afraid I could not tell you if its a better bit of kit than your cayin amp not much help I know but this responce will put you at the top of the page some one else might be more helpfull good luck :)

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
hi toyota man and thank you for replying. I'm more interested in how it sounds, is it powerful enough to drive demanding speakers and how is the tonal balance?

Would really appreciate the reply,

Shafin

Rethep

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I heard the Audiolab long time ago and found it too polite, and lacking in ambiance and openness. Your stand alone Cayin will be much better in this case. If you like more power in your tubesound, look for a Creek Destiny or Electrocompaniet (2nd hand ?). Another way is to get used longer and better to tubesound which, in the end, always has less firm bass.

ISAC69

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
Hi

If you want real powerful amps : Audiolab 8200MB mono's or Rotel RB-1582 . The Rotel is a real gem : powerful , detailed and punchy .

shafesk

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
I took a dive and got the audiolab 8000 actually, am enjoying it...it is massively powerful and I've never heard bass like this in my setup. Vocal sibliance are annoying me though....

A

Anonymous

shafesk said:
hi toyota man and thank you for replying. I'm more interested in how it sounds, is it powerful enough to drive demanding speakers and how is the tonal balance?

Would really appreciate the reply,

Shafin
No amplifier should alter the input without the user telling it to do so. Of course though all semiconductor components diodes, transistors and mosfets alike will induce some degree of distortion (the difference between input and output) Years ago it was thought that distortion figures of 0.1% were adequate enough. Throw another decimal place or two in for modern day systems. AMPLITUDE is all an amplifer should cut / boost with a big bag of bones (or current if you prefer)

TRENDING THREADS