Question Audio Technica AT95E Cartridge replacement ???

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
I am thinking of changing my cartrtidge, have not changed 1 in a long long time so out of touch !
What would give me more BASS with out spending silly money BUT a big diffrence ?. Turntable IS A AT- LP-120 USB
Your knowledge would be very appreciated Thanks 🤓.

WayneKerr

More bass? Not sure what to suggest. I've got an AT440mlb which is now discontinued but doesn't get much play-time as I prefer Nagaoka for a fuller sound. I found the 440 slightly thin-sounding compared to Nag, however, AT do make excellent carts so maybe stick with what you know.

Big difference usually means bigger money, but don't go too silly money with that turntable as a decent cart upgrade could easily cost as much as the turntable.

Reactions: camcroft
Quite often ensuring correct set-up of the cartridge you have might improve the bass.
Do this before spending more money.
Most cartridges are designed to be neutral. If you need more bass that will have to be generated at the other end of your system.

Reactions: WayneKerr

hifi

Feb 8, 2023
Visit site
Thanks all 👍 it is set too the correct weight and so on , just feel the Bass could be better ! the mids and highs and seperation is fine.Might get my Rega out and have a compare .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts