Audio issues with Sony STR-DA2400ES Amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help out. I have recently got a Sony STR-DA2400ES amp, upgrading from a Sony STR-DB940 amp. Normal operation appears fine, switching between HDMI inputs without problem (my Sky HD box is slow coming up but that don't bother me) and audio appears fine - Blu Ray's are great, and my XBox 360 is too. My problem initially came when listening to ProLogic from my Sky HD box (about 3 years old) via optical - the centre channel would reduce significantly in volume to barely audible. I changed the surround method to Neo 6 which appeared to work for a while, then the same happened again. I then noticed the problem happening via the optical input from my tv (Panasonic TX-L37G15B) when streaming videos. Just recently, watching a programme from Nat Geo HD in Dolby Digital, the same happened.

I am at a loss here, having checked all connections, speaker cable, hard rebooting amp and Sky HD box. Problem is even more annoying when it could be fine for a day or two then play up all the next day.

If anyone can help me out, I would be very grateful!

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
It's either the amp stage for the centre speaker of it's possibly the speaker itself (I can only think a component in the crossover is getting hot and heading towards open circuit or something).

The only test I can think of is to swap one of the front speakers with the centre and then listen for a while, if the centre channel still goes quiet it's the amp, if the centre speaker (which is now on one of the other channels) starts to go quiet again, it's the speaker.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the suggestion - I was trying to avoid playing around with the speakers as it happens so intermittently!

I will give that a go and report back.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts