Attn. CLARE. Its still happening

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Hi Clare, hope you get to see this before it disappears. Do you remember last Friday when you responded to a thread in this section which I started. It was about posts of mine disappearing. Was trying to bump a post of mine in the accessories section. (ref. message for fatboyslimfast). Well not only has the bump post vanished again for the sixth time, but the thread I started in this section about it has disappeared entitrely as well. Have only just responded to a post in the Freesat section from Daveyjay, am betting that will vanish as well later today. Any ideas what is happening?

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:Sounds like the database doesn't like you.

Yeah, definately something odd going on. Been happening for about a week now. But a couple of posts have stayed on. The mystical world of IT. Am hoping someone at WHF sees this thread before it too vanishes.

Rich

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
8009514: Any ideas what is happening?

Yes: you bumped a post asking a question of a poster, and I emailed you asking whether you'd like me to ask that poster if you could mail him directly.

Got no response, so the bump was deleted as I assumed you were no longer interested.

You bumped it again, I mailed you again, and the process was repeated. Over and over again.

It's not a conspiracy, not mystical, just a breakdown of communication.

Oh, and 'bumping' is very very tiresome...

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
8009514: Any ideas what is happening?

Yes: you bumped a post asking a question of a poster, and I emailed you asking whether you'd like me to ask that poster if you could mail him directly.

Got no response, so the bump was deleted as I assumed you were no longer interested.

You bumped it again, I mailed you again, and the process was repeated. Over and over again.

It's not a conspiracy, not mystical, just a breakdown of communication.

Oh, and 'bumping' is very very tiresome...

Andrew, just checked my email and nothing in my inbox from WHF or yourself.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Very odd: sent two or three mails, if memory serves, to the address you used when registering.

Oh well, at least we've solved the major mystery now. So, moving on...

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
Indeed it is Clare. Just checked my account to check its correct. You've actually spelt it BlueYonder. Its actually blueyonder, don't know if the capitals make a difference. I always get the WHF competition emails come through to me ok.

Rich.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, the capitals don't make any difference. Anyway, as I said, problem solved, at least as far as the forum posts are concerned. Can we move on now...?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:Will mail him/her and ask.

Let us know how you get on with that!
emotion-2.gif

This is more exciting than anything on TV!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:This is more exciting than anything on TV!

Tomorrow at this time, we'll be answering the question "If I was thinking about asking something on the Forums, do you think I should?"...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
the_lhc:I'm not sure how to reply to that, I'd best start another thread to find out...

You do, and before long you'll be posting asking CLARE why the thread was deleted...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
the_lhc:I'm not sure how to reply to that, I'd best start another thread to find out...

You do, and before long you'll be posting asking CLARE why the thread was deleted...

Oh, are we allowed to discuss moderation now?

I'll ask Claire, she'll know...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts