Atn95ex For Clearaudio cart.

IMG_0355.jpg
Just bought this stylus and chopped it down to fit in my clearaudio cartridge.

First impressions are very good indeed.

This is my second attempt at replacing the stylus, previously I had used the atn95e, which was excellent, but seemed to pick up a bit more pops and cracks. The EX is much quieter.

Im so glad these budget styli fit and work so well in my cart.

as bending the cantilever is very easily done.

IMG_0359.jpg

I have considered the shibata, I know it's a little more expensive, but I may try it at a later date.

I have a nagaoka with a removable stylus, which I do put on the deck every now and then.

But honestly, I'm very impressed with the EX. I'll be buying another to save for the eventuality of me bending the one I've just fitted!

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I remember following your progress on your first successful attempt. I think my Clear Audio cart could possibly do with a change of stylus so may now give it a go. Thanks for posting.

luckylion100 said:
I remember following your progress on your first successful attempt. I think my Clear Audio cart could possibly do with a change of stylus so may now give it a go. Thanks for posting.

cheers,

yeah, if the stylus is getting ready for changing then you have nothing to lose.

I used a craft scalpel to cut the stylus out from the plastic body.

lol, yeah... i agree, i am very clumbsy, i bent the atn95e trying to put the cartridge cover on to protect the damn thing!

and yes, its the third stylus i've had on this cart. the original one lasted about a week, the second faired a bit better till i mashed it, then, i spent some time straigtening the 1st one out, and got it sounding really good, but i thought it would be good practice to try one of these new styli out, and happily it really does sound good.

i do try and avoid using the TT when i've had a few sherberts, but overconfidence usually puts an end to that!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts