• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

Astell & Kern SR15 - Issue with Tidal APK

Gohn Jilleese

Nov 8, 2019
Hello,
First time posting. I have an A&K SR15 with the Tidal APK running so I can download albums for listening without a WiFi connection. This was all working fine until I had to reset the SR15 and re-download all my content, now when I click on a downloaded album with WiFi off I get a message saying "No connection, tap to refresh". Once I turn on WiFi, I can then get into the album and can then play it, even if I turn WiFi back off, so the content is downloaded.

Essentially I can't pick a new album to listen to while out of WiFi range which eliminates the portability aspect with Tidal. The SR15 and APK firmware are both up to date. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas to a solution?

Thanks,
John.

Al ears

Confused, you can only download over wifi is that right?
Not to be confused with streaming, you should be able to download and store it somewhere on your device to access later surely?

Gohn Jilleese

Nov 8, 2019
Confused, you can only download over wifi is that right?
Not to be confused with streaming, you should be able to download and store it somewhere on your device to access later surely?
So, I can download the albums, there's no issue there and I can see they're taking up space on the SD card. But if the device is not connected to WiFi, clicking on the album in my "downloaded" list brings up the no connection error. I have to connect to WiFi to open the album and then I can listen to the tracks with or without being connected to WiFi.

It seems like a weird glitch and I can't find anything online about it. I may just have to reinstall the app and start from scratch.

Al ears

So, I can download the albums, there's no issue there and I can see they're taking up space on the SD card. But if the device is not connected to WiFi, clicking on the album in my "downloaded" list brings up the no connection error. I have to connect to WiFi to open the album and then I can listen to the tracks with or without being connected to WiFi.

It seems like a weird glitch and I can't find anything online about it. I may just have to reinstall the app and start from scratch.
I see, very odd.....

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts