Astell & Kern SR15 - Issue with Tidal APK

Gohn Jilleese

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
Hello,
First time posting. I have an A&K SR15 with the Tidal APK running so I can download albums for listening without a WiFi connection. This was all working fine until I had to reset the SR15 and re-download all my content, now when I click on a downloaded album with WiFi off I get a message saying "No connection, tap to refresh". Once I turn on WiFi, I can then get into the album and can then play it, even if I turn WiFi back off, so the content is downloaded.

Essentially I can't pick a new album to listen to while out of WiFi range which eliminates the portability aspect with Tidal. The SR15 and APK firmware are both up to date. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas to a solution?

Thanks,
John.

Gohn Jilleese

Nov 8, 2019
Visit site
Confused, you can only download over wifi is that right?
Not to be confused with streaming, you should be able to download and store it somewhere on your device to access later surely?

So, I can download the albums, there's no issue there and I can see they're taking up space on the SD card. But if the device is not connected to WiFi, clicking on the album in my "downloaded" list brings up the no connection error. I have to connect to WiFi to open the album and then I can listen to the tracks with or without being connected to WiFi.

It seems like a weird glitch and I can't find anything online about it. I may just have to reinstall the app and start from scratch.

So, I can download the albums, there's no issue there and I can see they're taking up space on the SD card. But if the device is not connected to WiFi, clicking on the album in my "downloaded" list brings up the no connection error. I have to connect to WiFi to open the album and then I can listen to the tracks with or without being connected to WiFi.

It seems like a weird glitch and I can't find anything online about it. I may just have to reinstall the app and start from scratch.
I see, very odd.....

erik.perzzon

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Dear all,

I have issues trying to login to Tidal (open app v.2.36.2) on my A&K SR25 with firmware 1.40. I have not had any issues prior this but I was logged out (which happens from time to time) but this time around I was not able to login again (see picture for error message). I have cleared the cache and also rebooted (including force stop) and also tried different versions without success. I have read that on some android phones the have been forced to uncheck "system wide ad blocking services" but that would not be possible on the SR25?

Someone else that have run into the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks for replies!

// Erikerror.jpg

erik.perzzon

Feb 9, 2021
Visit site
Dear all,

I have issues trying to login to Tidal (open app v.2.36.2) on my A&K SR25 with firmware 1.40. I have not had any issues prior this but I was logged out (which happens from time to time) but this time around I was not able to login again (see picture for error message). I have cleared the cache and also rebooted (including force stop) and also tried different versions without success. I have read that on some android phones the have been forced to uncheck "system wide ad blocking services" but that would not be possible on the SR25?

Someone else that have run into the same issue and found a solution?

Thanks for replies!

// ErikView attachment 2085
I can gladly report that Tidal seems to have solved the login issue using the open app services for number of Android OS devices. At least I can verify that it works using A&K SR25 with firmware 1.40 and Tidal 2.36.2

// Erik

nICE1m8ey

Aug 15, 2020
Visit site
Hello,
First time posting. I have an A&K SR15 with the Tidal APK running so I can download albums for listening without a WiFi connection. This was all working fine until I had to reset the SR15 and re-download all my content, now when I click on a downloaded album with WiFi off I get a message saying "No connection, tap to refresh". Once I turn on WiFi, I can then get into the album and can then play it, even if I turn WiFi back off, so the content is downloaded.

Essentially I can't pick a new album to listen to while out of WiFi range which eliminates the portability aspect with Tidal. The SR15 and APK firmware are both up to date. Has anyone else encountered this issue or have any ideas to a solution?

Thanks,
John.
Hi John, the pre installed version of Tidal has stopped working, and I can't seem to side load the apk. Is yours OK still?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts