Assigning inputs on my Onkyo TX-SR705

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have my CD player connected straight into the front l/r channels of the multichannel audio input. Can I assign this input to the CD button on the remote? I've had a look and it seems that I can only assign one of the digital inputs (opt or coax) to this CD button. Is that right? I could be missing something as I'm very new to all this. At the moment, to listen to a CD I have to press the MULTI CH button on the remote, and the amp's display says DVD, just with a little MULTI CH symbol. This is not so much confusing as just a bit annoying.

Thanks for any help!

A

Anonymous

There will be some inputs lables CD on the back of amp! might be better to use them!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I guess that's what they're there for alright. But I have them connected to the multi channel inputs going on advice from Andrew, who says that I should get better CD sound from these as it's a cleaner, more direct amplification than using the CD inputs.

A

Anonymous

Maybe he'e right but i wouldnt have thought it makes much differnce if you use source direct! id and it sounds great!

A

Anonymous

Yeah, it's probably worth switching them around and seeing if I can actually hear a difference.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts