Arrows on a sub cable......

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
I have the QED Qunex P-SW cable from my receiver to subwoofer........although thinking of trying the Chord Crimson soon...

Just been looking at it, and it has arrows going down the cable. The arrows, at present, go from sub to receiver, but I have a feeling it's the wrong way round?

My Merlin Mozart arrows go from Cd player to Receiver (the direction of the signal). Clearly as it stands, the arrows are going against the flow of the signal between sub and receiver....

Can anyone confirm if I have it the wrong way round (And it's been like that for 6 months now!!!).....

A

Anonymous

I would presume you are right in your thinking, i've always presumed it indicates the direction of optimal signal flow,

i made this mistake with an ixos sub cable, the sound produced became tighter when i swapped it back to correct position,

hope its not too much trouble to swap it around

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:Thanks gav.........it's a two minute job, thank goodness......will try it now....

Hold on , also a school of thought that while its directional if in situ for a while it beds in.. so suggest you swap it but if you dont hear a improvement put it back to the (wrong way)

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Of course, it was connected to my Onkyo 606 for a year before I moved it into the incorrect configuration on the new Denon 2310........so I assume it would have bedded in that way first?

Initial thoughts are that the bass is louder and has more definition and sharpness......

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Pistol Pete1:

Of course, it was connected to my Onkyo 606 for a year before I moved it into the incorrect configuration on the new Denon 2310........so I assume it would have bedded in that way first?

Initial thoughts are that the bass is louder and has more definition and sharpness......

Possible it's burnt in the right way if it was connected to your 606 previous the correct way , or course a lot of pepople will say it's all tosh anyway, so as with all things hi-fi, just go with what sounds best to you

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for your help Kena,

Watched Terminator Salvation last night, and am re watching it at the same volume level now.....

I reckon the sub integrates with the rest of the system much better now too....

And it defo has better definition and precision in the bass notes....the extra 'punch' to the sub is actually quite obvious, compared to a slight 'wooly' sound by comparsion......I guess the previous 12 months on the onkyo did the job of 'burning' it in....

TRENDING THREADS