Are you content with your bundles?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
Oooo... very retro looking. I likey. Let's hope they're not all show and no go.

Love the look of that but the text in the pre-view leaves a sour taste:

thevinylfactory said:
Strikingly similar to the timeless Linn Sondek design

I keep forgetting no-one did suspended subchassis turntables in a wooden plinth before 1972. Oh wait...Ariston RD11...Thorens TD150...TD160...AR XA...

plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

Hopefully almost there. Looking to add the soon to be available here (now CE approved) JL Audio CR-1 active crossover to Hegel HD30, P30, JL Audio E-112 (x2) and ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

Btw, talking of Pro-Ject their new Classic turntable looks great. Very LP12 esque, TD-166 esque Looks like I might have to add the Classic too. Damn this never stops *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yup - if I had the money and system I would look at the Xtension 9 or 10. Classy.

Hi plastic penguin

+1. I was amazed at the performance of the Xtension 10 when I heard one at a clients house a few months ago. But before reaching the heights of the Xtension 10 in all probability I'd be looking at getting their Classic 25th Anniversary. I just love it's LP12 esque looks.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

Just catching up.

That's where i saw The Classic 25th Anniversary too. Retro with style
shades_smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

matthewpiano said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

Hopefully almost there. Looking to add the soon to be available here (now CE approved) JL Audio CR-1 active crossover to Hegel HD30, P30, JL Audio E-112 (x2) and ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

Btw, talking of Pro-Ject their new Classic turntable looks great. Very LP12 esque, TD-166 esque Looks like I might have to add the Classic too. Damn this never stops *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yup - if I had the money and system I would look at the Xtension 9 or 10. Classy.

Hi plastic penguin

+1. I was amazed at the performance of the Xtension 10 when I heard one at a clients house a few months ago. But before reaching the heights of the Xtension 10 in all probability I'd be looking at getting their Classic 25th Anniversary. I just love it's LP12 esque looks.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

I'm quite sure it will be an excellent turntable and I love the Systemdek/Linn/Thorens styling cues. It's the sort of piece that would be easy to treasure as an object as well as a great piece of hi-fi.

Hi Matt

+1
thumbs_up.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Content with my bundles ... just got too many of them, and too many digital source options ... finding it difficult to decide on the best combination of Bluetooth, wireless casting, DLNA, Squeezebox, PC so I use them all! Got the sound I want at the price I want, but always prepared to make a sideways move if it brings better functionality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts