Are you content with your bundles?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I am absolutely over the moon with mine, I have to pinch myself every time I listen to it .*biggrin*

The only thing I am going to do is play about with more room acoustic diffusers sometime in future but for now I am totaly happy, I can't even imagine any better.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Electro said:
I am absolutely over the moon with mine, I have to pinch myself every time I listen to it .*biggrin*

The only thing I am going to do is play about with more room acoustic diffusers sometime in future but for now I am totaly happy, I can't even imagine any better.

But you may change your mind after you hear some expensive cables
regular_smile.gif

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
BigH said:
Electro said:

But you may change your mind after you hear some expensive cables

It's quite possible but unlikely, but I am open minded enough to experience it for myself.

BigH said:
Not sure about the cd player, whether to get a new player or just go down the streaming route. My Marantz 63SE is about 24 years old now, still works but the tray needs assistance, maybe just needs a new cog, maybe time to replace it but i don't want to spend a lot of money.

Ahem...*help*

Electro (CD player not the poster) is still looking for a good home. Email me and I'll do you a good price. I won't knob you around and it's as good as new. I wouldn't sell it to anyone if it is half iffy.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Benedict_Arnold said:
Miss my old Cyrus X-series setup with CD-XTSE, DAC-X, Pre-X and two X-powers, all with the PSX-Rs where possible, feeding a pair of ProAc Studio 140s.

All I've got left are the Chord interconnects and speaker cables :-(

Marriage, bloody great mortgage, change of country, NO JOB.....

When she gets her swimming pool, I'm having a 4K projector and screen and will spend what's left over on some decent "proper stereo" equipment again, starting with another pair of ProAcs and going from there.

Sorry to hear that. I've been there too.

Hopefully you will before you know it be back to enjoy the hobby.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
Must admit I am somewhat smitten with the new cyrus one.

However, being realistic, it may not be an upgrade worth making on my 8 and PSX-R. I also still use a cyrus cd player and they would probably look odd together.

I'll certainly will go and listen to the 'one' once its out, then make my mind up.

Hopefully a 'two' and/or separate DAC/Streamer will follow shortly.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
BigH said:
Not sure about the cd player, whether to get a new player or just go down the streaming route. My Marantz 63SE is about 24 years old now, still works but the tray needs assistance, maybe just needs a new cog, maybe time to replace it but i don't want to spend a lot of money.

Ahem...*help*

Electro (CD player not the poster) is still looking for a good home. Email me and I'll do you a good price. I won't knob you around and it's as good as new. I wouldn't sell it to anyone if it is half iffy.

Which model do you have?

BigH said:
plastic penguin said:
BigH said:

Ahem...*help*

Which model do you have?

Electrocompaniet PC-1 entry-level CD Player. It was retailing for about £1200 when new, but I'm not looking for half that price.

As I've mentioned before, I purchased as an ex-dem (only used at the dealers) so I'm the only owner from new. I've hardly used it. It is currently boxed up in the spare room.

plastic penguin said:
I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

Hopefully almost there. Looking to add the soon to be available here (now CE approved) JL Audio CR-1 active crossover to Hegel HD30, P30, JL Audio E-112 (x2) and ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

Btw, talking of Pro-Ject their new Classic turntable looks great. Very LP12 esque, TD-166 esque
shades_smile.gif
Looks like I might have to add the Classic too. Damn this never stops *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Like quite a few folks on here I had a spell of sideways box swapping over the years before settling on my current set-up. Apart from the Beresford, it's getting on for nearly 4 years now, so yes I would say I am as content as I've ever been. It was only about 10 years ago that I started giving a toss about the equipment side of things, before that it was purely the music that mattered. I'm very glad to say that I'm now back to those days of just listening to music, rather than worrying about upgrades.

Like everyone else on here I think my own system sounds great but I am sure that I could do better, but at a price. Unfortunately, or should that be fortunately, I don't have the available funds to allow any meaningful steps up the ladder.

MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

Hopefully almost there. Looking to add the soon to be available here (now CE approved) JL Audio CR-1 active crossover to Hegel HD30, P30, JL Audio E-112 (x2) and ATC SCM100ASL Professional monitors.

Btw, talking of Pro-Ject their new Classic turntable looks great. Very LP12 esque, TD-166 esque Looks like I might have to add the Classic too. Damn this never stops *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yup - if I had the money and system I would look at the Xtension 9 or 10. Classy.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
I am very content with my set up, but I do have a hankering to part ex the Accuphase for a Devialet D200 before it gets much older and while it still commands a decent trade in price.

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net
Have you heard a Devialet?

Yes, when I bought my new Harbeths the dealer brought one round with him. It wasn't a particularly extensive demo so would certainly have to have another demo before doing anything.

Have you heard one Cno? if so what did you think?

Mac

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
I am very content with my set up, but I do have a hankering to part ex the Accuphase for a Devialet D200 before it gets much older and while it still commands a decent trade in price.

Mac

Yes, when I bought my new Harbeths the dealer brought one round with him.  It wasn't a particularly extensive demo so would certainly have to have another demo before doing anything.

Mac

Sorry Mac, I've yet to hear one.

FWIW. My advice would be as follows (and based on a hunch) - Ask if you can keep it for a week and then specifically make sure that the music hasn't lost any of its emotion. I would expect it to sound very clean, impressive and exciting....the subtlties of how the music interacts with your subconscious (compared with the Accuphase), can take longer and require an eclectic range of music to reveal.

I look forward to your thoughts.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Yes, when I bought my new Harbeths the dealer brought one round with him. It wasn't a particularly extensive demo so would certainly have to have another demo before doing anything.

Mac

FWIW. My advice would be as follows (and based on a hunch) - Ask if you can keep it for a week and then specifically make sure that the music hasn't lost any of its emotion. I would expect it to sound very clean, impressive and exciting....the subtlties of how the music interacts with your subconscious (compared with the Accuphase), can take longer and require an eclectic range of music to reveal.

Yes, for sure, it's not something I'd rush into lightly and doubt it will be for a while yet.

Mac

plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

Btw, talking of Pro-Ject their new Classic turntable looks great. Very LP12 esque, TD-166 esque Looks like I might have to add the Classic too. Damn this never stops *biggrin*

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Yup - if I had the money and system I would look at the Xtension 9 or 10. Classy.

Hi plastic penguin

+1. I was amazed at the performance of the Xtension 10 when I heard one at a clients house a few months ago. But before reaching the heights of the Xtension 10 in all probability I'd be looking at getting their Classic 25th Anniversary. I just love it's LP12 esque looks.

Btw, CR-1's arrived in the UK yesterday. Somewhat earlier then expected. Not that I am complaining *biggrin* Just need to receive them now from JL Audio's UK base down the road in Coventry.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

+1. I was amazed at the performance of the Xtension 10 when I heard one at a clients house a few months ago. But before reaching the heights of the Xtension 10 in all probability I'd be looking at getting their Classic 25th Anniversary. I just love it's LP12 esque looks.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Oooo... very retro looking. I likey. Let's hope they're not all show and no go.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:
CnoEvil said:
Macspur said:

Mac

Mac

Really good advice there from CnoEvil.

To which I'd add, play some well recorded solo piano music through both amps at the same volume, back to back. To see if there's one amp that's better at sounding like there's an actual piano being played in your room.

matthewpiano

plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:
MUSICRAFT said:
plastic penguin said:

How about you?

Hi plastic penguin

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Hi plastic penguin

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Oooo... very retro looking. I likey. Let's hope they're not all show and no go.
The new Classic 25th Anniversary is one thing that persuade me to part with my RP3. I'm quite sure it will be an excellent turntable and I love the Systemdek/Linn/Thorens styling cues. It's the sort of piece that would be easy to treasure as an object as well as a great piece of hi-fi.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
I'm content with my system thanks. (Very happy actually.)

If the 'hi-fi fairy' were to leave a pair of mint condition Snell Type Ks (or Audio Note AN-K equivalents) and an Accuphase E-260 under my pillow, I wouldn't throw them out!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts