Are you content with your bundles?

I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
I am. Can't think of anything I would rather have at this stage. This might change in a year or so but every component chimes beautifully with each other. The only component that'll need looking at is the turntable... not sure what route (upgrade cart blah blah) to go down. But as it stands the Pro-ject is none too shabby.

How about you?
I am happy with what I have but I am saving to buy two abrahamsen 4up power amps + pre amp so I can do the hole mono block thing to get the ultimate in sound and power

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I could undoubtedly improve my system, but at a cost. After two decades of chopping and changing and making expensive sideways moves to kit which looking back often just sounded different not better, I think I've finally played my cards carefully, having built a decent-quality system from mainly old gear for comparatively-little outlay. But the side-effect of that is, I doubt I could afford to better it with anything new. If I did change, it would be a complete direction-change, where I'd 'scrap' the lot (except my TT) and replace it with some decent active speakers fed by my Mac Mini.

iceman16

plastic penguin said:

How about you?

I am.. so there's not much change to look forward. After so many years of fiddling and with my relatively small listening room.. I think Im fine at the moment. though this hobby is endless I "must" set my priorities at my age.

TomSawyer

Apr 17, 2016
Visit site
Best bundle I ever had was the one in my signature because that was the point in my life where I went from not being able to play music to be able to play it. Nothing since has lived up to that.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying for one moment that there isn't better set-ups out there, but since buying the PMCs that was the icing on already tasty cake. I've cultivated my system to exactly how I wanted a system to sound like years before buying the Leema.

It ticks every box: Emotive... tick. Detailed...tick. Drum taut bass... tick. Exciting...tick. Subtle... tick.

Moreover it thrills on short listening, and it's good long sessions. I think if I was change any component it might impress more short-term but long-term? Why screw up the equilibrium when it still gives me so many smiles per miles?

Yes, and no.

Whilst I am currently content there is always that nagging suspicion that it could be better even with minor tweaks and no equipment change as such. Such improvements are, however, not economically viable so I remain content because I have to be. ;-)

D

Deleted member 108165

Mark me as totally and completely and utterly satisfied. My current set-up has seen my music collection grow four-fold in the last three years; totally smitten *man_in_love*.

Of course I still have my moments of "I wonder" but they are quickly dispelled as soon as the next track plays, whether that be CD, LP or download.

Thompsonuxb

Feb 19, 2012
Visit site
No.....

New years resolution was to run the Rotel ra-1520 till July.....

My imagination may be fooling me, convincing me the old Yamaha ax-620 is a superior sounding amp I don't know. But I can't wait to put it back in.

The Rotel is good but too many wow! moments with the Yamaha linger......

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes and no. I think my streaming/ all digital system is great but after listening to my brother in law's long abandoned and not expensive turntable set up recently I wondered why I've spent so much money. It sounded amazing. Reminded me of the alternative clubs I went to in my twenties. Pure music. Vinyl just sounds better.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
3 years of box swapping ( some very expensive) and eventually I've got sound I was after thanks to AVI DM10s and BK sub.

Benedict_Arnold

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Miss my old Cyrus X-series setup with CD-XTSE, DAC-X, Pre-X and two X-powers, all with the PSX-Rs where possible, feeding a pair of ProAc Studio 140s.

All I've got left are the Chord interconnects and speaker cables :-(

Marriage, bloody great mortgage, change of country, NO JOB.....

When she gets her swimming pool, I'm having a 4K projector and screen and will spend what's left over on some decent "proper stereo" equipment again, starting with another pair of ProAcs and going from there.

ChrisIRL

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
Why bother? Don't get me wrong I have a Unitiqute 2 and it's great. However you won't be using it's amp or dac. You could add all the functionality it'll give you in other ways. A chromecast for streaming services, or a cheap laptop or tablet into your irdac for everything a unitiqute will give you. Unless of course it's for a 2nd system in which case it'll suit you fine.

Oh Chris.i'd sell the ir dac and use the unitiqute as source....it's far cheaper than a nd5 xs or unitiserve.I really just need another glowing green naim logo on my rack lol.and I need a radio.but really....! I'm not looking to change anything until at least Christmas time,the ir dac gets used for Spotify from the amazon fire tv box and the sky box is connected also for movies and some sky arts gigs.it does it's job very well.

damonster

Oct 30, 2008
Visit site
Yep, Still got my leema pulse and pmc db1i's and running these alongside an exposure 2010s2 dac still keeps the foot tapping . Had no temptation to upgrade for well over a year now. Just hope nothing breaks.The pulse and Pmc's a great pairing.

matthewpiano

More content with the system than I've ever been before. Amp, speakers, and turntable all very settled. I still switch between my CD players but I think I'm close to settling with the NAD as the CD63MK2 KI and RCD965BX are both showing the flakiness of age and the NAD 516BEE is more involving sounding and has a quieter transport than the DCD720AE. No plans or funds to buy anything new in the coming months.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Not sure about the cd player, whether to get a new player or just go down the streaming route. My Marantz 63SE is about 24 years old now, still works but the tray needs assistance, maybe just needs a new cog, maybe time to replace it but i don't want to spend a lot of money.

unhalfbricking

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
After three years of tweaking and fiddling with my system I have finally relaxed and am in a good place with it. I have upgraded the interconnect from the freebie to a £20 Audioquest, changed the cable, isolated the Q-300s on sorbothane feet (I don't use speaker stands!) and moved both speakers about an inch-and-a-half back towards the rear wall. This has improved clarity, bass quality (sorbothane) and bass quantity (speaker placement). For the first time I now generally run the tone settings on my amp at zero, which suggests to me that the whole set up is nicely balanced.

Every time my brain starts to whir away about potential system upgrades (Creek Evo 50, Focal Aria 906, Marantz SA8005) I remind myself that I bought my entire set-up for just under £1,000 new. To effect any meaningful improvment in sound I would have to splash some serious cash and possibly have to change everything and start again. What would be the point? Now that I am happy with my hi-fi system my feeling is that the quality of the CD recording / mastering is now the most important factor in my enjoyment of the music, not swapping and changing hi-fi separates. The good CDs sound stunning and nicely balanced, the dull ones sound a bit dull and the overly bright ones sound overly bright. Changing my system won't change this fundamental fact.

Colour me happy!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts