Are we fooling ourselves?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
insider9 said:
Gaz37 said:
insider9 said:
What part of the country are you in? My system might be inexpensive in comparison to others but the stereo effect is good to my ears. If you'd to visit let me know. I'm in Sheffield area.

Bristol, so not very local lol.
Nice, you have an amazing opportunity to go to the show that's starting tomorrow. I wish it was closer to me.

I'm undecided as to whether or not to go, it's only 3 miles away but I suspect I'd be asked to leave if I started this discussion there :)

manicm

Gaz37 said:
Has anybody got, or have access to, The Wall by Pink Floyd? Another Brick in the Wall part2 has a helecopter in the intro, I've listened to this on my system through both speakers and headphones and also on my wife's boss's megabuck Naim, Linn and Moon system. All I hear is the helicopter starting off quiet then getting louder in the left speaker then move to the right. I don't hear it approach from anywhere other than the left speaker nor do I have any sense of altitude or distance.

What do you hear?

The Wall's helicopter effect wasn't particularly good. A better sound effect was King Crimson's B'Boom live album - the song B'Boom will have an elliptical effect in a good system.

I don't have much knowledge of your system - not the A300R anyway.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts