Are we allowed to offer something for sale to another member?

Dan Turner

Jul 9, 2007
Visit site
I looked for but couldn't find a link to ask a question of the moderators directly so I'm posting it here. Is it OK within the rules to offer something for sale to another member if you think that they would be interested in buying it? I looked at the house rules and saw the rule precluding trade members from soliciting for business - my interpretation is that wouldn't apply here because I'm not a trade member and I'm not trying to place a classified advertisement, I want only to offer a specific item for sale to a specific other member that I think might be interested. Anyway, thought I'd check first rather than risk committing a major faux pas....

If the answer is no, the is there any way to contact another member directly - e.g. send an email to the moderators for them to pass on and then if said person were interested we could liaise off-line?

There's probably some really obvious thing I'm missing here.

Cheers.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, as the site stand at the moment it's not allowed in any shape or form.

And the rule stating "The site must not be used to solicit business of any kind" refers as much to 'civilian' members as those who make their living in the industry.

Sorry.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts