Are the Onkyo 605 and PS3 weak links in this potential setup?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm starting from scratch (no purchases made yet) and want to know what people think of this setup:

Pioneer PDP 428XD

Onkyo TX-SR605

B&W 685s (front) 686s (rear) HTM62 (centre) and ASW608 (sub)

PS3

Everything here has been given great reviews, but I'm wondering how well matched these components are. Specifically the Onkyo 605 and the B&W 600s. Is the 605 good enough to get the most from the B&Ws? Is the PS3 good enough as a DVD player to get the most from the Pioneer?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

A

Anonymous

Not sure about your first question but the ps3 is certainly good enough to bring out the best in the tv

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that dug.

Anybody got an opinion on this B&W 600 series 5.1 package with the Onkyo 605?

A

Anonymous

Anybody???

Just a yes or no on these B&Ws with the '605.... Pleeeaaase?

A

Anonymous

Good to know - thank you.

I was also thinking of adding the Marantz (is it 6002?) CD player and running it through the 605. Any potential issues with this?

Sorry for all my questions - but I'm totally new to all this and don't want to go making a bunch of expensive mistakes!

Thanks again

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="jphealy"]

I was also thinking of adding the Marantz (is it 6002?) CD player and running it through the 605. Any potential issues with this?

[/quote]

Nope, none at all...

A

Anonymous

I have the onkyo 605 and think its cracking; so will highly recommend it. I dont know about the PS3 but I have an xbox 360 and wouldnt recommend using it as an DVD player due to cooling fan and drive noise. It kills off the silent and often atmospheric moments of a film by drowning them out with its wind turbine impersonations.

Hope this helps Gianni.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts