Question Are Dolby Atmos Top speakers usable across brands?

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I just saw the new Mission LX-3D MkII speakers and wondered if I could buy them, or other such speakers, for my existing 5.1 setup. Any views?

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Technically, you can use any Dolby Atmos upfiring speakers. Whether the overall sound will be cohesive, only a demo will tell. I think you should be alright though, as the speakers are for the Atmos effect.

That was my thought too as I know my speaker series will not have Dolby Atmos speakers as they are a little before this technology came along. I had seen Onkyo and few other advertised around the €250-400 mark and thought it might be fun on movie night.
Thanks for your thoughts.

michael hoy

My setup is all Dali, but i went with Kef in Ceiling (Dali did not have the ceiling speakers at the time). The Kef's have a wide dispersion of sound and blends in well.

Up firing would not have worked in my room and the room was gutted anyway, so easy to add the in ceiling at the same time.

Good luck with your choice.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
That was my thought too as I know my speaker series will not have Dolby Atmos speakers as they are a little before this technology came along. I had seen Onkyo and few other advertised around the €250-400 mark and thought it might be fun on movie night.
Thanks for your thoughts.
Hi, I'm looking at your signature specs and the receiver you have won't support Dolby Atmos. You would have to upgrade that before looking to get new Atmos speakers.

TnA200

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
On the upgrade path as we speak.
Looking at Monitor Audio Bronze AMS for my Atmos application. Does anyone have any experience with these? Or is it better to go with the (non-wallet friendly) Monitor Audio Silver AMS G7?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts