Arcing and sparking ...................

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Really bad static problem with my deck at the moment, could be the weather.... I have an old static removing device [ EARC ] but it is a bit feeble to be honest..

I have an old gun type one but it is now defunct I think, so what do others use and any advice on minimising the crackly menace?
emotion-7.gif
emotion-1.gif
I am getting fed up with the mat ending up getting put in the sleeve with the record :)

cheers, Steve.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
emotion-11.gif
straight to the bottom of the page, zerostat pistol.

used for over 20 years, it works, and when your feeling bored you can use it as a tazer and zap members of the family...
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I have a zerostat type, the one that is defunct, I did try and zap my daughter with it but she is too strong for me now and also has the dog to set on me as well.....

I might invest in a new one.. [ see how much cack I sell on ebay this week hey?!!
emotion-5.gif
]

Has anyone come up with a static earthing device that works as the record goes round?

My stupid shoes are part of the problem so I am barefoot when doing the vinyl....

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:I always do the carbon brush thing while touching the spindle, which should be earthed, so taking the charge away irrespective of footwear...

AHAAAAAAAAAA nice advice......

A

Anonymous

Earthing the vinyl with some wire and a crocodile clip works for me ......until it gets tangled up..
emotion-7.gif

A

Anonymous

Would an earthed carbon brush lightly touching the vinyl as it goes round do it? Or would it actually induce a charge? I have definitely stopped wearing trainers in the house...at least it stops me getting charged up and shocked when I touch the turntable arm.... I suppose that indicates that the arm is earthed to a degree
emotion-1.gif

John Duncan

letsannoytheneighbours:Would an earthed carbon brush lightly touching the vinyl as it goes round do it? Or would it actually induce a charge? I have definitely stopped wearing trainers in the house...at least it stops me getting charged up and shocked when I touch the turntable arm.... I suppose that indicates that the arm is earthed to a degree
emotion-1.gif

If you're not earthed, you'll induce a charge. So touch something earthy (spindle, arm, another earthed electrical appliance like your amp) while you do it...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts