arcam solo - which speakers to go with it?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

This is my 1st post on here and I would appreciate your help. I have decided to buy the arcam solo and am undecided which speakers to buy to go with it. I have narrowed it down to either the B&W 686's or the Dynoaudio audience 42's. I would appreciate any advice as it is a good few years since i last bought a new hi-fi.

many thanks

/bob

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for your reply

I did demo both sets of speakers at seperate stores and to be honest i couldn't tell much difference between them. I am thinking more towards the Dynaudio's, just because i think they are a smaller better looking speaker really, I was just interested to see if anyone could maybe recommend something or maybe they had bought the arcam solo with one of these speakers...

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"]A wild guess (never heard new solo)....Usher S520, they are truely awesome for the price[/quote]

Yes, good bass too. Black's lovely. Also consider Epos if you have a dealer near you.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="JohnDuncan"]DM, TM - any ideas of stockists/distributor for the Ushers - they look like they might be an option (in white) for the kitchen...........

Edit: s'ok, found the list[/quote]

Worth a try but they need space around them or they boom JD. Had to pull them right out in small/medium room.

A

Anonymous

hi, i am having a demonstration on saturday of the ushers. unfortunately they don't have the arcam solo but it should still give me an idea of their sound. so i think it will be between these and the synaudio's..

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="bob60"]hi, i am having a demonstration on saturday of the ushers. unfortunately they don't have the arcam solo but it should still give me an idea of their sound. so i think it will be between these and the synaudio's[/quote]

Would'nt do that. If you're set on the solo buy it and take it with you. Otherwise take the Ushers for a home trial if offered. They really are bassy. Better safe than sorry.

A

Anonymous

hi

yes you are right, i see there is a hifi showroom in lewisham london where they sell the arcam and the ushers. i will go there on saturday for a demo. the problem is whenever i hear a system i like whatever is played. every speaker sounds good to me. too be honest that is why i placed this ad, i thought maybe there was one speaker that would be brilliant with the solo or maybe for the price...

thanks for the reply

A

Anonymous

i just noticed that they have the epos M12.2 speakers in the showroom, so will try those as well. i have read good things about them on here

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts